The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Invisible npcs and buildings?

KnightHawk8822
Anyone else having trouble with invisible buildings and npcs? For me it's getting really bad also a lot of lag and freezing. Have to unplug my Xbox pretty often because i get kicked and it says unable to connect to server check your internet connection. Please help
  • KnightHawk8822
  • KnightHawk8822
    On quest in khenaehis and need to get on ship to auridon but game crashes and sends to dashboard or main menu or whatever. Even after restarting xbox.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There could be an issue with the locally cached data preventing the game from loading. Try deleting the local save data and see if that allows the game to get past the loading screen and avoid crashing.

To delete save data on the Xbox One:
    1. Go to Games.
    2. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    3. Select Manage Game.
    4. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.
    6. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
    7. Choose "Delete Everywhere" This will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • KnightHawk8822
    I've done that probably at least ten times in the past few days
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Have you went through the connection troubleshooting here for the error "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection" ?

The invisible NPCs and buildings may be connection related due to lag or a high ping preventing assets from loading in a timely manner.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • KnightHawk8822
    I've been emailing Bethesda support back and forth for a week now and spent time with xbox support as well. I took my Xbox over to a relatives house and it works just fine they have a public ip address, the system requirements do not include a public ip address so if i would have known I needed one of those I wouldn't have purchased the game. The game worked fine at my relatives house.