The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is everything really wrong with pvp

Eyesinthedrk
Eyesinthedrk
✭✭✭✭✭
5309674D-2C89-4956-B9E8-997F48319717.jpg

That’s it, right there in a nut shell. Already able to eat and out heal all the damage we can give. You’ve already given him damage and Proc sets in heavy armor. Now you’ve giving him much more effective shields that scale with his higher health and resistance. Where is his sacrifice that you claim as the reason for shield changes?

If you really believe it’s the low health, low resistance, low stam magica users that are the problem with cyrodiil, I suggest you reach out to all the pre 1T PVPers (when we had the population to maintain 7 cp campaigns) that no longer play.

Tanks, proc sets, and lag, will be the answers you get more than anything else.

Update 20 is about to exacerbates these problems making this guy on the receiving end even harder to kill, And the the people on the other side less able to dish the damage to kill him.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed that the warden tank in the quote can out heal and survive, but apparently can't do jack diddly for damage against anyone who doesn't stand there and take it like an idiot.

Ignore this tank or use them for ulti-gen. They arent a threat to a smart player.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That thread already gave him the answers he needed. Now he knows how to use ice
  • XNativexPrideX
    I also noticed that the warden tank in the quote can out heal and survive, but apparently can't do jack diddly for damage against anyone who doesn't stand there and take it like an idiot.

Ignore this tank or use them for ulti-gen. They arent a threat to a smart player.

What if a group of tanks, 50+ tank zerg. (yes they exist! AllMadden runs them) is taking a keep? It's hard to ignore them. Yesterday a huge AllMadden zerg of tanks took Chalman. They didn't do much for damage. They just timed their ults and killed everyone over time. But they were not dying. Even with meatbags and negates and defile. Purge and purify saved them from most of it. And 10+ earhtgores..
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭

What if a group of tanks, 50+ tank zerg. (yes they exist! AllMadden runs them) is taking a keep? It's hard to ignore them. Yesterday a huge AllMadden zerg of tanks took Chalman. They didn't do much for damage. They just timed their ults and killed everyone over time. But they were not dying. Even with meatbags and negates and defile. Purge and purify saved them from most of it. And 10+ earhtgores..

People in this game seem to have forgotten that beating people outnumbered is supposed to be near impossible, it is supposed to be a challenge, not a right.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP would be great without all the other players
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol allmadden is a coordinated 24 man. You're a zergling running in 5 at a time. Sillys 15 man is stronger than allmadens 24. By far.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every PVP post: "I can't beat [INSERT ANYTHING HERE]. Change it so I can be the one killing everyone, when I want, where I want, how I want. Oh, and never, ever do anything to make my character mortal. Don't worry, I'll be back next week complaining about the lack of diversity/too many meta builds in this game."
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffing procs would solve his issue
    And grant everyone like 3000extra weapon/spell damage who doesn't meet a certain threshold
    Edited by Slack on December 25, 2018 2:44AM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even with coordinated Ults, getting wiped by a zerg of tanks is sad :D
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OPs post seems to be that he wants to only hit the damage buttons and not assist and win in pvp. Probably came from shooters.

If anything survivability needs to go up and not down in pvp.

Disclaimer - I don’t play a tank or a warden.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    OPs post seems to be that he wants to only hit the damage buttons and not assist and win in pvp. Probably came from shooters.

shooter games also have support roles.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

When he says shooters, probably means call of duty. So no support there.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

When he says shooters, probably means call of duty. So no support there.

COD players mostly have no taste anyways so it doesn't really matter.(notice how I say mostly, I'm not implying that buying cod makes you bad, I'm saying that the average cod player has no taste of a good shooter game, they will buy the same game reskinned, every year.) That being said in shooter games you don't need a designated ''support'' class or kit to actually ''support'' people. In CS you can support your team by supressive fire, popping a flashbang to help push, or throw a smoke to help cover, drop weapons to teammates etc. Considering that , shooters can feel much more natural than MMORPGs when it comes to being a ''frontline'' or a ''support'' role.

The beauty of modern games compared to the ancient mmos we play is that, in today's gaming, you get better, not your character. Games that can't grasp the importance of letting players learn the game are dying off, mainly mmorpgs and mmofps games.

Though I'm the type of guy who played enemy territory back like 15 years ago,(that game had 5 classes, 4 of which had support capabilities with only 1 selfish class that heavily relied on the other three for healing, ammo supply and other stuff.. Anyways, ET was a great game.) so obviously people new to the shooter genre think its all about run-shoot-die-respawn. No wonder COD is so popular in that case.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 26, 2018 7:43PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A good CoD support player will come to your house, take the disc out of the tray, slap you in the face and burn the disc.
    I used to have a CoD player among my friends. I wonder why I haven't heard from him in a while...
    :thinking:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. I'm not sure why you felt the urge to necro this thread from September...

2. My advice for dealing with a single tanky player who can't do jack diddly if you don't stand there like an idiot (use for ulti-gen/ignore because he's useless if you dont fight him) is quite a bit different from my advice for dealing with an organized group as you describe. I'm unfamiliar with the particular group you describe, but the basic tactics are familiar to me from prior to the last Earthgore nerf.

Dealing with an organized group running lots of tanky healers and multiple Earthgores is going to require either: another good organized raid, PUGs acting in concert with good tactics, or overwhelming number of PUGs.

If you are a member of an organized raid already, you probably already have some tactics for handling these types of enemies raids. If you aren't, this post has some pretty good tips for how PUGs and zerg surfers can be effective: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448088/how-to-deal-with-organised-min-max-ball-groups-who-want-to-farm-you/

But in either case, solo tank with low damage or organized raid, its a good idea to not stand there and take it. Fight on your own terms and don't stand there like an idiot when the tank with a greatsword (or the raid with the ulti drop) comes charging for the kill. Think of it as the PVP version of "standing in stupid".