The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What else can I do to improve my DPS?

siddique
siddique
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So I am building a MagSorc. Here is my build.

2/2 Grothdarr Set. Both legendary.
Grothdarr Helmet, light, max mag glyph, divines.
Grothdarr Shoulder, heavy, healthy glyph, (need to transmute it to divines)

5/5 Necropotence. All legendary, divines with tristat glyphs
Chest, Gloves, Sash, Shoes, Legs.

Spell Strategist Necklace, purple, arcane
Spell Strategist Rings, purple, arcane

Front bar: Legendary Spell Strategist Inferno Staff, weapon damage glyph.
Back bar: Legendary Spell Strategist Lightning Staff, flame damage glyph.

Front Bar: Volatile Familiar, Twilight Matriarch, Mages Wrath, Flame Clench, Hardened Ward.
Ultimate: destruction staff

Back Bar: Volatile Familiar, Twilight Matriarch (So I don't have to keep bringing them back when I switch bars), Haunting Curse, Surge and Lightning Form.
Ultimate: Storm Atronach.

Currently, I bring up pets, surge and go lightning form, put the curse and move to front bar.

I have 448 CP atm.

Any advise in getting more dps would be appreciated.

Thank you
"Knee-jerk reactionist."
Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a whole lot you can change to get higher DPS. You are not running Wall of Elements or Liquid lightning. Half of your build is a petsorc (double pets with necro) and the other half is non-pet (Haunting, Clench, Fury). You need to make up your mind what you want to be.

This looks more like a PvP build but then why are we discussing DPS?
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't mention weapon traits at all. You're missing an easy 1.5% or so increase simply by not having 5/1/1 on your armor weights. You're also losing max main stat by using tri-stat's instead of Magicka glyphs. You should have plenty of health at your CP with Undaunted passive and blue food plus the bonus from having pets active.

Golding the gear (non-weapon) is overkill, honestly.

A parse and/or video will also go a long way, if you're really looking for assistance.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, SS does absolutely nothing for your Pet damage.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Model your build and rotation off alcasthq.com

Start there and modify. Use Force Pulse (destruction staff line) and power surge (class skill line) if you don’t want to use or have the psijic abilities. Power surge gives you a self heal. I prefer this for almost all situations over the Alcast build using psijic skills unless I’m in a group with a real healer and tank and only damaging one guy (the boss). Then I switch to use the psijic skills (which give you a better shield on block but no self heal or mult-target spammable).
    Options
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am primarily focused on PvP but I like to do pve almost as much maybe a bit less. I think I do fairly okay against real players. I haven't yet reached Undaunted passive level.

Also, as a petsorc, what should I have instead of haunting, clench and fury?

I have 40k max mag, isn't that alright? Or should I change the tristat glyphs to max Magicka?

Weapon traits are infused on backbar and front with be infused in two days as well.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
    Options
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know I’m only PvE and start with Alcast and modify. Good luck. He has pvp builds too but it’s important to remember that those builds are baseline and meant to be customized.
    Options
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pets only scale with max mag so spell strat is useless

Grotharr is a bad set, zaan or ilambrus instead.

Necro is a lacking set. But useable at least.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    Pets only scale with max mag so spell strat is useless

Grotharr is a bad set, zaan or ilambrus instead.

Necro is a lacking set. But useable at least.

Necro is essential BiS for petsorcs btw.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been planning on getting Zaan too. Necro is good I think, gives me a lot of mag.

Hmm, I'll have a look at Alcasts builds.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
    Options
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't share your rotation so I'm guessing here.

Weaving in light attacks after every skill adds %30* more damage to my build.

Are you weaving in light attacks after every skill?
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
    Options
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't share your rotation so I'm guessing here.

Weaving in light attacks after every skill adds %30* more damage to my build.

Are you weaving in light attacks after every skill?

I only learnt that two days ago! Still practicing :D

So overall the build seems okayish I think? I haven't strayed towards gibberish, that's good to know.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
    Options
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »
    I've been planning on getting Zaan too. Necro is good I think, gives me a lot of mag.

Hmm, I'll have a look at Alcasts builds.

I recommend using necro, julianos, ilambris with a flame front bar glyph for the double ilambris proc. The rotation varies a little if you use 1 pet vs 2 but 1 pet gives you some options to mix it up and is easier for solo play since you can slot inner light front bar and power surge back bar which gives you major sorcery and healing which power surge is active (huge amount of survivability gain).
    Options