The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If you wear the jewellery and us the weapons of any particular set....

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
...will you gain the 5 set piece bonus if they are a different weight than body armour pieces?

An example...

5 Armour pieces of Seventh Legion (Heavy)

3 Jewellery, 2x Daggers (front bar) 2h (back bar) Hundings Rage (Medium)

would you receive the full 5 piece armour passives for wearing both?
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you will.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry is not armor - so it won't
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're talking about the 5pc bonus from the sets themselves, yes, you'll get the bonus as long as all 5 pc's are active.

If you're talking about the 5pc passive bonuses from the armor line (Constitution, etc), that will only ever apply to one 5 pc armor weight.

EDIT: You won't get an armor passive from the Hundings (which is not absolutely required to be a medium set, it's just usually crafted as such) So in your example, you'd get the HA passives for 5 pc, and whatever partial passives from your head and shoulder pieces.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on December 26, 2018 4:29PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get the benefits of Armor Classes (Heavy, Medium, Light) according to how many pieces of each weight you are wearing.

You get the benefits of set bonuses (i.e. Spriggans; Plague Doctor, Necropotence) according to how many pieces of them you are wearing. You can mix/match jewelry, weapons, and armor - and in the case of crafted armor, you can mix armor weights as well as long as it's all from the same Set.

There's a couple sets that do funky things when used with weapons. I don't know if Ebon Armory still does it, but for a long time, using this on weapons would reset group health every weapon, swap even if you had the full 5 pieces on both bars.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 26, 2018 4:52PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes to set bonus, no to armor 5 item passives for both. Also crafted armour has no native weight class. You could wear 5 pc of light Hunding's Rage if you wanted.
    Edited by driosketch on December 26, 2018 4:54PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get the benefits of Armor Classes (Heavy, Medium, Light) according to how many pieces of each weight you are wearing.

You get the benefits of set bonuses (i.e. Spriggans; Plague Doctor, Necropotence) according to how many pieces of them you are wearing. You can mix/match jewelry, weapons, and armor - and in the case of crafted armor, you can mix armor weights as well as long as it's all from the same Set.

There's a couple sets that do funky things when used with weapons. I don't know if Ebon Armory still does it, but for a long time, using this on weapons would reset group health every weapon, swap even if you had the full 5 pieces on both bars.
    @VaranisArano unless explicitly stated, weapon swaps (to same set) no longer reset active effects. Things like Ebon, Imperium, Relequen's, Siroria, etc keep their previous status without the bar-swap hiccup that used to be involved.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

VaranisArano unless explicitly stated, weapon swaps (to same set) no longer reset active effects. Things like Ebon, Imperium, Relequen's, Siroria, etc keep their previous status without the bar-swap hiccup that used to be involved.

Good to know.