The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Stamina Blade

digitallego
Hello there.
I right away apologize for my English.
I want know why stamblades in this patch are such miserable? I mean roll dodge has nerf, medium armor just joke against heavy armor players. Stam blade cannot getting normal long buff major resolve(for example stame sorc have got same buff for a long time) from class ability, it is given only for a short time. I can do the war in heavy armor and without stealth. But why doing the same, if stam sorc in this quality will be better? I have a stam sorc and I play it very well. I feel the difference, as the Stam Blade is bad against Stam Sorc or Stam DK. Same as magica sorc, magica dk.
My claims are: some classes have an advantage over other classes as dd in pvp.
Zos made worse the buff from the medium armor, you do not give to receive a normal buff (major resolve) on the stamina blade. Stealth is simply negligible if you are not a magic blade.
Anyway flashlights - potions - aoe damage - making too easy to control stealth now. Vampirism is simply monstrous. In the game, meta built on the fire and give overdamage from fire by vampires.
You can say that I can build such a build to play as many dd, shield + sword, two-handed and all that etc. But I want to play a ganker. if I wanted to play something else, I would go to stam sorc.
I hope to do something with it. At least they will give more better buffs and the ability make possible to live in medium armor. Today I was dying oneshot from Stam DK 1x1. In non-chp, I had 16k resists + blood spawn. I am not even a vampire and it was funny. Dawnbreaker + class damage skill + reverse slice. And he destroyed 22k of my hp in half a minute. At the same time he had 28k HP. I hit hard on him, but he had too high healing abulity and a lot of hp, and high damage.
Thanks for reading this :smile:
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamblade is top dog and has been for quite some time. There is nothing miserable about it and it definitely doesn't need to be buffed. This is coming from someone who mains a stamblade. Sounds like a l2p issue.
  • digitallego
    Stamblade is top dog and has been for quite some time. There is nothing miserable about it and it definitely doesn't need to be buffed. This is coming from someone who mains a stamblade. Sounds like a l2p issue.
    Well, I've been playing Stam Blade for two years now. When I play against high-skill players, I feel that the Stam Blade has poor class abulity. Especially in medium armor. I think the problem is medium armor and the fact that they don't give to receive more resists.
    Btw i can tell anyone to learn to play. But I think that this is a problem from the way the balance is built. I don’t think it is wise.
  • digitallego
    besides, I think if you play on the xbox, there everything is different
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What sets are you using? What skills? What race? Do you use food/pots?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades are powerful 1v1 and in any situation where they can “hit and run.” The only place where they aren’t good is organized groups vs other organized group. In this case they offer no group buffs and little AOE damage. But to be honest you’re issues sound like build and learn to play issues.
  • digitallego
    These are funny questions. I have 32 rank in pvp. But my build is not the meta. I run without heavy armor and bleeds. Duals and bow and medium armor. It could be called crit blade. A lot of damage even on crit resists. While I somehow try to balance between survival and damage.
  • digitallego
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Stamblades are powerful 1v1 and in any situation where they can “hit and run.” The only place where they aren’t good is organized groups vs other organized group. In this case they offer no group buffs and little AOE damage. But to be honest you’re issues sound like build and learn to play issues.
    Do you think that running around to finding a victim for Cyrodiil, which is a lot of zerg, is this a normal situation?
    For half an hour you kill two single players. This is where your gameplay ends. Because Zos do not even give a chance to survive 1x3 in battle skills players (but other classes have such opportunities)
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are funny questions. I have 32 rank in pvp. But my build is not the meta. I run without heavy armor and bleeds. Duals and bow and medium armor. It could be called crit blade. A lot of damage even on crit resists. While I somehow try to balance between survival and damage.

I'm not sure how they're funny questions. It sounded like you were struggling, so if we have a baseline of where you're starting from, it will be easier to offer advice. I'm rank 48 and also running a dual/bow medium setup.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    PM me your Xbox gt I might be able to help.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played Stam NB on PC and Xbox and Stam blade in med armor is amazing is definitely sounds like a L2P issue since I can still 1v1 and 1vX In med armor. But I give up if the fight takes 10 mins @Arkangeloski ........ lol
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff stamblade? Lmfao
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Build your stamblade differently. You cant build room gank and complain you cant play it like your stam sorc.
  • digitallego
    Played Stam NB on PC and Xbox and Stam blade in med armor is amazing is definitely sounds like a L2P issue since I can still 1v1 and 1vX In med armor. But I give up if the fight takes 10 mins @Arkangeloski ........ lol
    Do you have 700-810 chp? In the chp campaigns this is possible, but non-chp is no if we are talking about combat
    technohic wrote: »
    Build your stamblade differently. You cant build room gank and complain you cant play it like your stam sorc.
    it's sound strange because I wrote above that I want to play in quality a ganker and not with a war of heavy armor. my stam sorc has a build that is always 1st in bg. I love him.
    Today, all the gankers look very bad. I can control and kill any ganker when i'm playing my stam sorc or stam warden or magica templar.
    They do not have enough damage to fight against heavy armor and high healing. And do not have enough survival rate from shots.
  • digitallego
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    Buff stamblade? Lmfao
    I understand this class really offends you? L2P! :D:):D
    Edited by digitallego on December 25, 2018 1:54AM
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭

;)
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor need a slight buff in the defense department imo, not the class tho, nb is one of the best classes to run in medium armor tbh if not the best.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the best 1vX nightblade skills in PvE is Reaper's (Reaping?) Mark -- kill one opponent, heal up from Mark, and repeat. My stamblade couldn't solo anything remotely challenging without it.

Does that also work in PvP?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on December 25, 2018 5:31AM
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the best 1vX nightblade skills in PvE is Reaper's (Reaping?) Mark -- kill one opponent, heal up from Mark, and repeat. My stamblade couldn't solo anything remotely challenging without it.

For real?
  • digitallego
    Medium armor need a slight buff in the defense department imo, not the class tho, nb is one of the best classes to run in medium armor tbh if not the best.

May be yes. Or stam blade need a normal buff for resists. Blur is crude skill it needs more resists. The shadow of the blade in class abilities(Shadowy Disguise) gives too short a resist if you are not a magica blade

nope
    Edited by digitallego on December 25, 2018 5:54AM
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades are plenty strong. Can escape on command and have some of the highest burst potential. Between cloak and the shadow nb’s can easily surive against most.
  • digitallego
    I understand that people write here who do not have the main character of the NB and haven't long game experience. OK.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that people write here who do not have the main character of the NB and haven't long game experience. OK.

Wanna just hear that Stam NB is bad, that it's not your playing but it's the classes fault you don't succeed?

Sure someone could tell you that; but you won't get any better and you'll just keep losing
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is only one fitting response to this thread: L 2 P :)
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P?

You don't even need to learn how to play on stamblade. Build for full burst or full dots. Slot troll king. Get ~12k magicka.
    Then cloak when you're low and reset the fight every time until eventually your incap combo or DoTs kill them.

That's it. NB is ESO on easy setting.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or stam blade need a normal buff for resists. Blur is crude skill it needs more resists. The shadow of the blade in class abilities(Shadowy Disguise) gives too short a resist if you are not a magica blade

Passive Major Ward/Major Resolve from just using your spammable (and why in the world would you not use Surprise Attack?!) is not enough for you? Other classes have to use expensive skills with minor secondary effects and sacrifice valuable bar slots to get those buffs. This argument makes no sense.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedrion wrote: »
    L2P?

You don't even need to learn how to play on stamblade. Build for full burst or full dots. Slot troll king. Get ~12k magicka.
    Then cloak when you're low and reset the fight every time until eventually your incap combo or DoTs kill them.

That's it. NB is ESO on easy setting.

I think this is the guys problem. He said something about having to wait around to get the kill to gank them; which your suggestion would do but he wants to jump right into the thick of battle like his stamsorc. If you do that, there's generally plenty to pull you out of cloak and medium armor will only get you so far. It is kind of ridiculous to expect both with the same build.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading it again I understand now.
    And this guy had got a very valid point.
    It is all about fun.
    But dying all the time in pvp is no fun.
    So he looks for a build that destroys everything in an instant, before it can actually harm you.
    Stamblade, as it is, can't achieve that.
    Therefore - - - >>> Buff stamblade, make the amulet of akatosh power permanent, and the problem is solved
    Edited by Slack on December 25, 2018 8:25PM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • RamiroCruzo
    RamiroCruzo
    ✭✭✭
    When mew have 9k Bow procs in death recap on 34k resistance DK and then sees this thread u_u Hoomans needs to be made slaves of cats.
    Having a light side... And a Dark side... Is what makes life interesting...
    High as Nord and Proud as Dark Elf
    Blood for the Pact
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have 700-810 chp? In the chp campaigns this is possible, but non-chp is no if we are talking about combat
    technohic wrote: »
    it's sound strange because I wrote above that I want to play in quality a ganker and not with a war of heavy armor. my stam sorc has a build that is always 1st in bg. I love him.
    Today, all the gankers look very bad. I can control and kill any ganker when i'm playing my stam sorc or stam warden or magica templar.
    They do not have enough damage to fight against heavy armor and high healing. And do not have enough survival rate from shots.

Yep I'm well over the CP cap I'm around 1500 CP atm and ya playing in med armor is amazing in BGs and none CP campaigns you just need to try different sets out since there are some AMAZING crafted sets to use in none CP and even in CP
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have removed several baiting and bashing comments from this thread. As the discussion derailed rather quickly, we have decided to close it down. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.