The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My Golden Gryphon Garret Suite - With Loft! (Images!)

Rhoande
Rhoande
✭✭
Okay, I realize a lot of big homes get featured and this is not that big of an achievement given that there's only 30 item slots in this darn thing. But, here we are. I wanted to make use of the vertical space in here, while still somehow managing to make it look properly furnished enough for a basic inn room/suite that someone could rent more long term
It was a fun, small challenge and the loft/stairs took up about 8 slots alone. I'd give my left arm for 5-10 more slots, but all things considered I think I did fairly well with that limitation.

From the doorway
xawluwgp7lpx.png
Looking to the stairs
vcxjpjv1gm8r.png
From the stairs, looking down
ogymvbzshzyl.png
Looking up to the loft
bzdbcbpeajso.png
Loft with bonus Dark Moons Lynx on the Bed
677gpraszz52.png

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given the extreme limitations, I agree you did a good job. :smile:

Nice to see the height of the room used.

I really like apartment rooms (especially this one) and would like to see more of them displayed, on here; but, the tiny furnishing limit means I never even try to build in them.

I can barely light them and furnish them properly with only 30 slots.

Don't even want to think about 15...

• Treat
    Treat
    ✭✭✭
    Very cute! A great use of such a tall room. Thank you for sharing!
    @Treat
    The Harbinger of Cheer!!!!!
    Ankle Biters
  • Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

I really like apartment rooms (especially this one) and would like to see more of them displayed, on here; but, the tiny furnishing limit means I never even try to build in them.

It hurts a bit. There were things I could have done to cut down on the loft/stairs, but it would not have looked half as good. I will hold out that someday, they will increase the item slots so I can add to this room. Even if it's just a few more.

But I knew going in that furnishing it would be tough. I really wish this room and the one in Vivec City had the same amount of slots as say, the Margeaux because of the similar sizes. I love small/medium homes but boy do I wish we had more item count.

At some point I'll post my Gornir's and Pariah's on here too, but I haven't actually USED every slot on either of those yet.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a huge improvement over what the original apartment looks like! I always disliked the huge vertical space on one side of it and felt it made the room look very unwelcoming. But creating a loft space has warmed it right up and made it seem much more intimate!

May I ask what housing items you used to create the stairs and the loft itself? I've never seen stairs like that before, and I'm rather curious being somewhat new to the game.

Also, I must say, excellent use of the vines. It really adds a lot of flare to the design. It's such a shame you didn't have more housing slots to work with, you are clearly a very talented designer and I'd love to see what you would have done had the item limit been more flexible.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rhoande wrote: »
    Tigerseye wrote: »

It hurts a bit. There were things I could have done to cut down on the loft/stairs, but it would not have looked half as good. I will hold out that someday, they will increase the item slots so I can add to this room. Even if it's just a few more.

But I knew going in that furnishing it would be tough. I really wish this room and the one in Vivec City had the same amount of slots as say, the Margeaux because of the similar sizes. I love small/medium homes but boy do I wish we had more item count.

At some point I'll post my Gornir's and Pariah's on here too, but I haven't actually USED every slot on either of those yet.

Yeah, I really hope they do extend the limit, somewhat. :smile:

It's hard to imagine that adding another, say, 20 slots for inn rooms, with ESO+, would break the system.

I look forward to seeing your other houses.

Also, someone should probably make an inn room thread, for everyone to post their rooms in.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 28, 2018 11:05PM
  • Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    This is a huge improvement over what the original apartment looks like! I always disliked the huge vertical space on one side of it and felt it made the room look very unwelcoming. But creating a loft space has warmed it right up and made it seem much more intimate!

May I ask what housing items you used to create the stairs and the loft itself? I've never seen stairs like that before, and I'm rather curious being somewhat new to the game.

Also, I must say, excellent use of the vines. It really adds a lot of flare to the design. It's such a shame you didn't have more housing slots to work with, you are clearly a very talented designer and I'd love to see what you would have done had the item limit been more flexible.

Those are the Alinor Stairway, Timeworn I believe, or similarly named at least. I sunk them to make them more narrow, so they would fit the space, and flipped a third as there was a gap. The loft itself is out of Alinor Fence pieces, both the Alinor pieces are craftable and Limestone Retaining Walls from the Alinor Home Furnishing Vendor.

Thank you both! I felt very similarly about the whole vertical space being difficult to make the room feel warm and cozy. I'm pretty satisfied with it, even if there's a few more things I'd love to add.
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always itched to get a loft into that room but couldn't think of a viable plan. You've found an attractive way to do that! Very creative.