The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Betnikh dropping Rubedite ore rather than low level

sithus1966_ESO
So I normally play NA but have alt's on the EU server in case of Steam issues. I was on Betnikh retrieving a chest from a map and as I come across mats I pick them up as anyone would. So in collecting High Iron Ore, I notice that the retrieved ore is showing as Rubedite. This alt is only level 27 with level 12 in smithing, so it's not level 50 character that hasn't leveled smithing thing. Screen shots showing levels and one of freshly retrieved ore.jhl1d6wtvut2.pngkr4lwnd01y5t.pngdpa8kx6rbr42.png

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zones will drop about 50% mats that are at your characters crafting skill points level and the other 50% will be at the zone's level (which are now all CP160) your characters level.

So, about half of the ore you find should be Rubedite Orichalcum and the other half should match your skill points spent in Metalworking.
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on December 26, 2018 12:54AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In this case I suspect someone else spawned the rubedite and removed a furnishing mat from the node, leaving the high-level ore that you found. I believe it’s the same principle as chests: if someone else opens a chest with a max-level character and leaves a piece of gear in there, that gear will still be max level regardless of the level or CP of the next player who came across the unlocked chest.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It possible someone with a higher level or rank accessed the node but didn't take the ore. That would leave the rubedite there for next person. I've had it happen, just reversed with iron ore on my maxed crafter.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Zones will drop about 50% mats that are at your characters crafting skill points level and the other 50% will be at the zone's level (which are now all CP160).

So, about half of the ore you find should be rubedite and the other half should match your skill points spent in Metalworking.
    shades.gif

I was under the impression that it was 50% your character’s overall level and 50% your character’s rank in the crafting passive (1-10 for blacksmithing). That’s been exactly my experience in doing surveys and such: 3 nodes will match my character’s level and the other 3 will match their crafting rank. I certainly have never seen a max-tier mat of any kind, including rubedite, on a low-level toon without the respective crafting passive maxed. Zones do not seem to have levels for these purposes any longer.

Edited for grammar.
    Edited by virtus753 on December 25, 2018 7:29PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a character i play on/off that is only around level 30 and has no skill points spent in any of the crafts and she finds rubedite ore, as well as other high level mats inbetween the regular low level drops.

Although i'm max CP, i haven't spent any CP points on that character either ...
    idea.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on December 25, 2018 7:47PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened today with a level 40 something apprentice. The node was clearly green but produced only the red stuff. The apprentice is level 50 in blacksmithing but has almost no points allocated to the skill.

Khajiit just assumed the very rocks of the island were entering into the spirit of the season yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went back and did a few runs around several of the starter zones with my level 30 character.

I got 3 types of ore:
    Iron Ore, Orichalcum Ore, Rubedite Ore

popcorn.gif
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP160 players take the regulus and jewelry crafting mats but leave the rubedite ore. I think it is more common right now because a lot of max level players are in Betnikh for New Life daily quest.
  • sithus1966_ESO
    I suppose someone of a higher level could have taken the other bits and left the ore. That just seems odd to me.