The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

New Life Festival. Trail of the five-clawed guile bug.

phairdon
phairdon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Unlocked all the chests with 18 seconds to spare, spoke to the quest giver. Did not get the five-clawed cat burglar achievement.
Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Unlocked all the chests with 18 seconds to spare, spoke to the quest giver. Did not get the five-clawed cat burglar achievement.
    On which platform and megaserver are you playing?

Did your character receive a reward container from Breda, the quest giver?

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On which platform and megaserver are you playing?

Did your character receive a reward container from Breda, the quest giver?

PC/NA. Yes I did get a reward container. Same thing happened today with the signal fire Zephyr achievement on another character. Used a speed potion, lit all 4 signal fires within the time frame, no achievement.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The timer starts at 65 seconds, 1 min 5 seconds, and you had 18 remaining. That means it took you 47 seconds.
    The achievement is (if my memory isn't failing me) for completing it in under 35 seconds.

You were just too slow.

Edit:
    The quest timer is just there to encourage you to "go faster", possibly compare to others and provide a maximum time limit and failure condition so the quest will not time you forever and kill the server.
    It is not the same as the time limit for the achievements.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on December 22, 2017 2:41AM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The timer starts at 65 seconds, 1 min 5 seconds, and you had 18 remaining. That means it took you 47 seconds.
    The achievement is (if my memory isn't failing me) for completing it in under 35 seconds.

You were just too slow.

Edit:
    The quest timer is just there to encourage you to "go faster", possibly compare to others and provide a maximum time limit and failure condition so the quest will not time you forever and kill the server.
    It is not the same as the time limit for the achievements.

You might be right. Guess I was just too slow.
    Next time I do the challenge, I'll observe the timer. Was under the impression we had 35 seconds to get the chests open, meaning I had opened all three in 17 seconds. Had lots of practice opening chests over time. On the run above, all were opened without broken lock picks.
    Edited by phairdon on December 22, 2017 3:55AM
  • Lonestar166
    Lonestar166
    Soul Shriven
    I have been trying to complete The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile in Reapers March for the New Life Festival. When I complete unlocking all three chests, I return to the women to complete the quest, I have plenty of time left...but....I am unable to communicate with her, there is no option for dialogue. After standing there for a while, I get a message telling me the mission has failed, and I now have the option for dialogue with her. This has been happening daily since just after the New Life Festival began. Some days, I have tried a dozen times, at different times of the day, and each and every time the mission fails because I have no option to talk to the woman to complete the mission. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    my best guess on the last one is that you somehow have not acquired the coins from each of the chests. Make certain you have all of the coins before attempting to talk to her again.

@Alassirana