The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Lag Festival

vivisectvib16_ESO
vivisectvib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Why is it every year, this event turns the game into a laggy mess (moreso than usual)? It really hinders my enjoyment and I'm seriously questioning my subscription at this point.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been happening since the Clockwork event to be honest. It's awful.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos has been just pumping out as many mediocre events as possible to attract new players and completely disregarding the servers so the game performance is getting worse and worse because of it
  • ncdulo
    ncdulo
    I only started playing again on Thanksgiving and everything ran smooth as can be until New Life. Since then it's been a stuttery mess to almost unplayable levels when I'm in a large city of near where an event quest takes place. Even dungeons are suffering where it will begin lagging out enough my attacks don't register unless I give them an extra second to go through before another attack. Hopefully it clears up after the event but I still feel it shouldn't be this big of an issue.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ncdulo wrote: »
    I only started playing again on Thanksgiving and everything ran smooth as can be until New Life. Since then it's been a stuttery mess to almost unplayable levels when I'm in a large city of near where an event quest takes place. Even dungeons are suffering where it will begin lagging out enough my attacks don't register unless I give them an extra second to go through before another attack. Hopefully it clears up after the event but I still feel it shouldn't be this big of an issue.

Yeah, it's super obnoxious. I routinely have to let my toon just sit at a wayshrine location upon fast travelling either to Breda or to one of the NLF quests. Takes a few minutes for the PowerPoint slide show of characters skipping past my screen to subside and then I can finally move and get to what I'm supposed to be doing. It's especially bad in Bergama. Just really really really annoying, especially when you're expected to grind the same tedious and repetitive activities over and over again for writs, tickets, recipes, or whatever you're trying to get out of the event.

How about investing some of the ESO+ subscription and crown store revenue into better connectivity for the game as a whole?