The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Some simple bar/rotation questions (fairly new player)...

Zuilin
Zuilin
Soul Shriven
I'm a lvl 17 Sorc and at 15 I grabbed a second weapon and starting throwing some skills/spells into my second button bar.

However, I don't really know what I should be doing here. How do people generally use the 2nd weapon/bar? (I'm doing both with destruction staffs..one lightning and one flame).

1. Should I be making one bar AOE and the other DD?
2. I want to play pure DPS so should I be using the same destruction staff on both? Should they be different?
3. Do I treat the two weapons with ~ to switch between then as though they were just one bar of 10 spells? That is, use all the spells in a rotation where ~ switches half way?

I've seen lots of "build" information online but very few of the posts/pages I've read (if any) talk about what spells to put on the bar and how to use them best in combat. Most just talk about which skills/spells to buy with points; but again, not which ones to use in a rotation.

Any help would be, um, helpful.

Thanks!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling up is not the same as end game. At least the way I do it.

I always start out with an even number of skills from each class line to level them up.

For my first bar I tend to have everything I need there to kill trash and whatever. The back bar has skills I want to level up to at least morph point and I still keep in mind leveling the skill lines here as well. I just swap top the back bar when I turn in a quest.

I do suggest leveling up everything to the point of morph, but do not morph them. Yea, there are probably somethings not worthy it but life changes in ESO, often.

Anyhow, Just my thoughts on the subject. Hope it is not to confusing.

BTW, the destruction line is all one line. Any of the staves level up that line so do not fret about having shock or fire. Just do not do a heavy attack from an frost staff if you are in a group. Frost staff Heavy Attack is a taunt and you will end up taunting a boss off a tank.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And enjoy the game.
  • Zuilin
    Zuilin
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks!

• Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you use those two bars as 10 skills plus 2 ultimates. The way you set it up will personal and mostly likely depend on the weapon skill. You can separate buff, survival skills and dmg skills or like you said aoe on one bar and something else on different one. Just experiment.

I am sure there are some builds that use two similar weapons but mostly you are trying to combine two different weapons for the passives and special skills. Not sure what goes well for mag character but maybe somebody else can help you with that. btw lvl up your class skills and passives.

For now get second different weapon and put on skill you would like to level on the bar. Oh and make sure when you turn in quests to be on the bar with the skills you are leveling.
    Edited by Demra on December 21, 2018 5:18AM
  • Zuilin
    Zuilin
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks!
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Note: frost staff heavy attack is NOT a taunt unless you have tri focus passive.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.