The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to healing

Odovacar
Odovacar
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello community folks,

I'm about to start building an Argonian-Templar (PVE, for mainly 4-man Vdungeons & eventually Vtrials) and I would like to see what advice you would have for a first time healer? Since my first day in ESO I've always enjoyed damage dealer roles because I love the feeling of burning down mobs and bosses. I pride myself with helping others in-game so I feel I would enjoy healing just as much. Any general pointers you could share with me? i.e. positioning, healing/damage aid balance, etc.

Thank you!

• kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Hello community folks,

I'm about to start building an Argonian-Templar (PVE, for mainly 4-man Vdungeons & eventually Vtrials) and I would like to see what advice you would have for a first time healer? Since my first day in ESO I've always enjoyed damage dealer roles because I love the feeling of burning down mobs and bosses. I pride myself with helping others in-game so I feel I would enjoy healing just as much. Any general pointers you could share with me? i.e. positioning, healing/damage aid balance, etc.

Thank you!

Good starter sets.

Spell Power Cure & Worm Cult. Increase you and your groups Spell Damage and reduce you and your groups Magicka Costs by 4%.

Skills wise:

Breath of Life
    Combat Prayer
    Healing Springs
    Extended Ritual
    Luminous Shards
    Harness Magicka

The rest is basically up to you

Jewelry Enchantments can be either Spell Power or Reduce Magicka Cost

Positioning..I personally stay in melee range or around 8m away from the enemies. But I do that on all Ranged for AoE effects.

As for balancing Healing and Damage, I avoid damage dealing. I'd rather forego my 10k DPS, but providing the DPS and Tank with buffs.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing is pretty easy in this game. Here's a rule of thumb: If your gear is golded out, you're spamming orbs/shards, heals, ele drain, and people are still dying, it's not your fault, they just have a cp or positioning problem. You want to be behind everyone so they can be in range of your heals while being close enough to keep an eye on the tanks. You're gonna want to farm Spell Power Cure, Olorime's, Jorvuld's, Mending, Infallible Aether, and Sanctuary. In dungeons I weave crushing shock to help with damage, but in trials you want to focus on heals and keeping ele drain up. And since you're a templar, keep channeled focus up 100% of the time because it gives you a lot of tankiness and magicka regen. Everything else is just presonal preference.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • KlotePino
    KlotePino
    ✭✭✭
    cast your aoe's and shields, get your damage going, I outdamage most dps I play with while keeping up their health easy
  • SvariBK
    SvariBK
    ✭✭
    Orbs ele drain and combat prayer those are the most important skills I feel like. Of course healing springs as main group heal and breath of life for an "oh ***" heal other than that, getting the right gear etc comes later. I am not a healer don't know all the things they are doing but dps players will love you for ele drain and the tank will love your shards and the whole group needs orbs
    Edited by SvariBK on December 21, 2018 1:12PM
    BK-22 PC EU Player
    Tank & DD