Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't add player to guild (EU server)

redlink1979
redlink1979
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hello there.
I search thru psn for the account correct name, I can find it but when I try to send an invite to the player the message "account not found" pops up. This happened a few times so far. Does anyone knows why this happens? And if so, how do I "fix" this?
Edited by redlink1979 on December 10, 2018 3:33PM
"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
  • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
  • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
  • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually it's the player has a lower case L rather than an I or something along those lines. Otherwise they don't play on your server.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cases are not the issue since L or l is exactly the same because accounts id are unique just as it happens with emails addresses. If I can find the account when searching thru PSN I should be able to add it, regardless of the server where the account owner is playing...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cases are not the issue since L or l is exactly the same because accounts id are unique just as it happens with emails addresses. If I can find the account when searching thru PSN I should be able to add it, regardless of the server where the account owner is playing...
    I think what Sparr0w meant was that if you're on PS4 EU and the player you're inviting is on PS4 NA, you're going to have trouble. If this is someone you know and you're sure they're on your server, can't you maybe have them whisper you and then add them from that to eliminate all possibility of a typo?
    PS4NA
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I understood what Sparr0w meant. The issue here is that some PSN ids can't be added and I know those players have an ESO account. The requirements to be added to a guild are only 2: having an active psn account and an active eso account. It's awkward that I can add to the guild some psn ids and others have this issue.
    I've been searching for players who had/have similar issues and it seems to me that ZOS didn't investigated this when the firsts reports where announced here at the forum. If in fact they had took a look at this they didn't presented/post a proper solution. I've read an old post from 2015 and no solution was presented by ZOS dev team from then until now.

Fyi: All the accounts I couldn't add to the guild are playing in the same server as I am (EU server).

Any insights regarding this issue, @ZOS_BillE ?
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 4, 2018 10:16AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone provide an answer to this, please? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 7, 2018 3:56PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No solution provided so far.
    I hope you can provide a solution soon, this last weekend I couldn't add another account to the guild.

Question Reference # 181207-002166

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA
  • eco_TR
    eco_TR
    ✭✭✭
    May be they do not have free guild space or they have a lot of pending guild invitations. It sometimes happens.
    Assuming that you are authorized for adding players to your guild, I would suggest another authorized guild member to invite him/her and try that way. Also try to get your guild permissions re-authorized.
    PS: they should not / or you should not have each other blocked, either (might happens, who knows).
    In light, there is darkness.

PS4-EU / PC-EU
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @eco_TR Thanks for your reply but that's not the case. The error message that appears says "account not found" and not "player needs to leave a guild".
    I'm an officer in the guild, I have all the permissions necessary.
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 11, 2018 2:03PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This error keeps occurring. Any insights/solutions regarding this, ZOS team?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Does the player you're inviting have their account set to appear offline?

If so, that could lead to the error "Account not found" when trying to invite them to your guild.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Does the player you're inviting have their account set to appear offline?

If so, that could lead to the error "Account not found" when trying to invite them to your guild.

I will investigate that. I will post the result later today. Thank you for the advice.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I contacted one of the players I couldn't add to the guild previously and he told me that he has set his account to appear offline.
    Now I understand what's happening.
    I will change the recruiting post of my guild, I will appeal to players to be aware regarding the account status when applying for a guild membership.
    Thank you for your insightful help, @ZOS_BillE
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 20, 2018 4:34PM