The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Symbiosis, Mystic Guard and few additional questions

Konstant_Tel_Necris
Konstant_Tel_Necris
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello fellow theorycrafters, I want create some unusual healer-tank build based on Magicka DK or Magicka Warden or Magicka NB and would like to hear your opinion and discuss some questions.

I assume that's Symbiosis is channeled Heavy Attack similar to resto staff or lightning Heavy Attack but istead it cast skill each tic?
or
its some kind reverse Heavy Attack what instead of damage enemy heal an ally with magicka cost attached to each tic?

1. Is Symbiosis activation count as skill usage or only actual attack count as skill usage, or they count as Heavy Attack and Light Attack usage and pressing Symbiosis by itself will not count as skill activation?
  2. Does Symbiosis count for Deliberation and Spell Orb, Psijic Order Perks? Will I get Major Protection if use heal stream from heavy attack? Will orbs charges stack from Symbiosis usage?
  3. How does Symbiosis work in combination with Mystic Guard guarded ally?
  4. Does DK Molten Armaments 40% Heavy Attack increase Symbiosis healing? Does Elegance set 20% increase it furthered? Does Infallible Mage increase healing power on ally?
  5. Does Warden Lotus Blossom work with Symbiosis? If so, will it proc Green Balance perks via Lotus Blossom induced healing?
  6. Does Symbiosis proc Chokethorn, Earthgore, Engine Guardian, Maw of the Infernal, Molag Kena?
  7. Does Wisdom of Vanus set work with Symbiosis and does equiped Resto staff still count in Symbiosis?
  8. Magnus' Gift will negate cost of Symbiosis tic?
  9. Draugr's Rest proc from Symbiosis Heavy Attack?
  10. Grace of Gloom proc healing work in Symbiosis?
  11. Pirate Skeleton healing reduction will apply to Symbiosis reverse healing from ally is it count as my own healing and will be reduced?
Edited by Konstant_Tel_Necris on December 19, 2018 6:50PM

Best Answers

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one I know the answer to is the fifth. Lotus Blossom only procs when you are dealing damage to an enemy, and does not proc when you are using light attacks or heavy attacks with Symbiosis to heal allies.
    Answer ✓
  • StrangeForce001
    Hello fellow theorycrafters, I want create some unusual healer-tank build based on Magicka DK or Magicka Warden or Magicka NB and would like to hear your opinion and discuss some questions.

I assume that's Symbiosis is channeled Heavy Attack similar to resto staff or lightning Heavy Attack but istead it cast skill each tic?
    or
    its some kind reverse Heavy Attack what instead of damage enemy heal an ally with magicka cost attached to each tic?

1. Is Symbiosis activation count as skill usage or only actual attack count as skill usage, or they count as Heavy Attack and Light Attack usage and pressing Symbiosis by itself will not count as skill activation?
    2. Does Symbiosis count for Deliberation and Spell Orb, Psijic Order Perks? Will I get Major Protection if use heal stream from heavy attack? Will orbs charges stack from Symbiosis usage?
    3. How does Symbiosis work in combination with Mystic Guard guarded ally?
    4. Does DK Molten Armaments 40% Heavy Attack increase Symbiosis healing? Does Elegance set 20% increase it furthered? Does Infallible Mage increase healing power on ally?
    5. Does Warden Lotus Blossom work with Symbiosis? If so, will it proc Green Balance perks via Lotus Blossom induced healing?
    6. Does Symbiosis proc Chokethorn, Earthgore, Engine Guardian, Maw of the Infernal, Molag Kena?
    7. Does Wisdom of Vanus set work with Symbiosis and does equiped Resto staff still count in Symbiosis?
    8. Magnus' Gift will negate cost of Symbiosis tic?
    9. Draugr's Rest proc from Symbiosis Heavy Attack?
    10. Grace of Gloom proc healing work in Symbiosis?
    11. Pirate Skeleton healing reduction will apply to Symbiosis reverse healing from ally is it count as my own healing and will be reduced?

1. I don’t know.
    2. I have played around with Symbiosis and noticed the spell orbs around my character. I don’t know about deliberation, but it got me curious to test.
    3. I don’t know.
    4. I don’t believe Elegance and Infallible Mage will work with Symbiosis as it requires you to attack an enemy target. I don’t know about Molten Armaments.
    5. I don’t know.
    6. I have seen Earthgore proc from the healing Symbiosis gives. I suspect Chokethorn and Engine Guardian will also proc when you use the toggle ability itself. I don’t believe Maw of the Inferno and Molag Kena will work as you need to do damage with a light attack to proc them.
    7. Vanus will not proc as Symbiosis changes your heavy attack into a sort of channel lacking a final damage tick. I’m confused about what you’re asking about the resto staff.
    8. I doubt Magnus will do this.
    9. I know from experience Draugr’s Rest will not proc.
    10. I don’t know.
    11. My guess is yes. Your ally will receive 15% less healing from Minor Defile and in turn you will receive less healing.

Answer ✓