The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ancient Knowledge - what exactly does it do?

Wavek
Wavek
✭✭✭
This passive says it works on single target abilities. Does this include single target DoTs (warden Swarm for example)? Does it include either Light or Heavy attacks (or both)? I know it requires a Destro Ability slotted of course.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire will buff lights and heavies. Lightning will not buff the lights/heavies but will buff the AOE splash damage of a heavy.

It will buff single target dots. Fire will even buff the periodic damage of some AOE abilities that treat the periodic damage as single target damage. But You'd have to search/ask around about that one because I'm not an expert on it.

When in doubt, test it out on a dummy, the numbers will be apparent
    Edited by Krayl on December 19, 2018 7:51PM
  • nordic_two
    Krayl wrote: »
    Fire will buff lights and heavies. Lightning will not buff the lights/heavies but will buff the AOE splash damage of a heavy.

It will buff single target dots. Fire will even buff the periodic damage of some AOE abilities that treat the periodic damage as single target damage. But You'd have to search/ask around about that one because I'm not an expert on it.

When in doubt, test it out on a dummy, the numbers will be apparent

Good to know on the dots etc. I'm going to test the light/heavy thing later. People in my guilds are saying it is abilities only and not light/heavy attacks for Flame staff. I cant seem to find a consistent answer anywhere so I will try it myself on a target dummy.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe I'm wrong and it's changed. but the best way to do it is just test it out very easily - slot/unslot a destro ability and LA a dummy.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that FoO is stI'll calculated as a AOE
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc