Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Is it safe to drop a quest midway through so I can redo the quest?

Bazeric
Bazeric
✭✭✭✭
I can't remember if it's safe to drop a quest when the last thing to do is turn in. The quest I was doing had a cool zone I wanted to explore, but I'm locked out of now. I am wondering if I can drop the quest and start it again to get back?
Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to restart any quest without issue. I can’t speak to your specific case with this zone, though.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the Quest for the Edrald Estate, there is a small plain of Oblivion there that I wanted to look around more. There are so many awesome little places like this that you go to once and get locked out of.
    Edited by Bazeric on December 19, 2018 7:19PM
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not familiar with that quest. I have never encountered a bug with canceling a quest and restarting it. But you should probably wait for someone more experienced to chime in here. If you’re on PC, you can get on the PTS if you really want to test this without risking your character. Or make an alt
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can quit and restart any quest in the game, besides the main story as far as I'm aware. Have fun.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you should be able to drop the Quest and get a complete do-over... whatsis will run right back up to you all "help! help!"
    & if anything goes wonky you can put in a ticket

Have fun in Oblivion, take pictures! :)

{ Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    Yes, you should be able to drop the Quest and get a complete do-over... whatsis will run right back up to you all "help! help!"

Thanks I thought I read here that on occasion it can be buggy. I want a do over so I can take a photo actually! I thought if I'd clear some of the quest I could lose the markers, but for this one it boots you out when you finish a certain part.

EDIT:Dropped it and fun thing is it was literally a quest where the guy runs up yelling "Help!" A lot of good writing in the game, but sometimes... lol.
    Edited by Bazeric on December 19, 2018 9:14PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bazeric wrote: »
    Pheefs wrote: »

Thanks I thought I read here that on occasion it can be buggy. I want a do over so I can take a photo actually! I thought if I'd clear some of the quest I could lose the markers, but for this one it boots you out when you finish a certain part.

EDIT:Dropped it and fun thing is it was literally a quest where the guy runs up yelling "Help!" A lot of good writing in the game, but sometimes... lol.
    Dropping quests works, only issue is finding the quest giver again.

You might want to drop the quest in group dungeon if you enter an dungeon late in the progress, if you want the quest storry just drop it and pick it up on an later run.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.