The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Strat's Last Solo Stamplar [video] Swapping to Magplar R I P

Stratforge
Stratforge
✭✭✭✭
Haha no clickbait. I swapped to magicka this update but I found this solo clip from the tail end of last patch that I thought was kinda decent so I uploaded it. Hope you like To all my real stamplar OGs, rest in power my dudes. I'm out the club..at least until I get mad at magplar and race-swap back to stam ha. Short vid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSTCQlJu5Wg

PC NA
Xbox One NA (retired)
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice clip man, well played!

I’m a Stamplar ‘moonlighting’ as a Magplar this patch too, but my DC Redguard and EP Orc remain Stamplars waiting in the wings for now.

Curious to hear your motivation for swapping over? For me personally I was satisfied with my progression on the class and wanted to try my hand at something new without losing my touch on the main. Magplar was the natural choice, since nothing really can emulate the feel of Jabs. Templar pretty uniquely maintains its dynamic across the spectrum in a way no other class does- with Jabs, Rune, Ritual, and PoTL being very similar skills on both ends. The new Crescent Sweep also fills in quite nicely for a burst ulti in place of DBoS. Lots of parallels and I love that.

Since I started playing Magplar, the journey to get good on the flip side has been very rewarding and insightful. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’ve betrayed your oath
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Nice clip man, well played!

I’m a Stamplar ‘moonlighting’ as a Magplar this patch too, but my DC Redguard and EP Orc remain Stamplars waiting in the wings for now.

Curious to hear your motivation for swapping over? For me personally I was satisfied with my progression on the class and wanted to try my hand at something new without losing my touch on the main. Magplar was the natural choice, since nothing really can emulate the feel of Jabs. Templar pretty uniquely maintains its dynamic across the spectrum in a way no other class does- with Jabs, Rune, Ritual, and PoTL being very similar skills on both ends. The new Crescent Sweep also fills in quite nicely for a burst ulti in place of DBoS. Lots of parallels and I love that.

Since I started playing Magplar, the journey to get good on the flip side has been very rewarding and insightful. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Moonlighting is a nice word for it, I like that. Me and one of my buddies who both main stamplar were just looking to try something else out. I sort of like magplar so far but I'm having trouble either 1) killing people efficiently or 2) surviving. I'm trying a full sustain/tankiness setup right now and relying on ele drain/light armor passives/Skoria procs for damage. I'm decently hard to kill but I'm not exactly shredding through (decent) players either. I might try taking some lessons from your Phalanx build and get some more damage going. I agree with you 100% on Crescent Sweep that ulti is so cheap I love it. I have been playing around with the Steadfast Hero set and I was thinking it might sync up really well with the minor protection change and Cyrodiils light. Anyway I look forward to your magplar vids!

Rhage I know. I feel so ashamed. I rationalize it by telling myself that I'll swap back eventually so I'm still a stamplar at heart. :neutral:
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I loved the part where you jumped off and healed up then waited for them to jump as well.

I went magplar just ahead of murkmire. Depending on what they do with race, might go back stamplar
    Edited by technohic on November 23, 2018 8:23PM
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the light.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Lol I loved the part where you jumped off and healed up then waited for them to jump as well.

I went magplar just ahead of murkmire. Depending on what they do with race, might go back stamplar
    Haha thanks I liked that too.
    Synozeer wrote: »
    Welcome to the light.
    Thank you sir.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »
    Moonlighting is a nice word for it, I like that. Me and one of my buddies who both main stamplar were just looking to try something else out. I sort of like magplar so far but I'm having trouble either 1) killing people efficiently or 2) surviving. I'm trying a full sustain/tankiness setup right now and relying on ele drain/light armor passives/Skoria procs for damage. I'm decently hard to kill but I'm not exactly shredding through (decent) players either. I might try taking some lessons from your Phalanx build and get some more damage going. I agree with you 100% on Crescent Sweep that ulti is so cheap I love it. I have been playing around with the Steadfast Hero set and I was thinking it might sync up really well with the minor protection change and Cyrodiils light. Anyway I look forward to your magplar vids!

In my experience, Magplar has phenomenal damage -potentially even stronger than Stamplar- but you really need to invest in it to see it shine. Light armor+Ele drain adds quite a lot of firepower, but running a damage set brings it all together. So I’d highly recommend incorporating one into your build. I’m having the most success atm in two general templates: stacking damage w/protective jewelry or pairing a damage set and a defensive set w/triune jewelry.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar scum. If I find out you have a tail, I'm making a blue and taking that tail by force.

Great clip Strat. Maybe I'll come play on one of my new Mag chars soon. The magDK build is coming along nicely.

@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stuff.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to getting stuck on your back bar while slowly dying!

Jk plars are in a really good spot if you run spinner's and bright throats with protective jewls it's a really solid set up for damage and survival. Arya's build is also extremely fun if you can manage the low sustain. Good luck out there!
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

Jk plars are in a really good spot if you run spinner's and bright throats with protective jewls it's a really solid set up for damage and survival. Arya's build is also extremely fun if you can manage the low sustain. Good luck out there!

Spinner + shackle + Pirate - more stam to 'bad moment'.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Nice stuff.
    Thanks!

I really like @CyrusArya build so far. I’m running it with a few modifications but base sets the same. The damage feels great (except against other templars) and I’m really digging total dark. I have gotten to the point where I can 1vX middling to low skill players. I’m gonna put some clips on youtube once I get like, one more good one haha.
    Iskras wrote: »

Spinner + shackle + Pirate - more stam to 'bad moment'.
    I was thinking about Shackle but I feel like with trifood I just don’t need the extra stam. Also I would be hardpressed to swap Pirate for Skoria. Skoria is such nice damage.
    Edited by Stratforge on December 19, 2018 4:50PM
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamplar Commando/Scout Division approves this message (and flogging).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual