The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Security code not accepted

snowwraith
snowwraith
Soul Shriven
Hello.

I originally bought ESO when it was first launched, but didn't play it for long at the time since I was also playing Warcraft - figuring to play ESO when WoW got dull.

I tried to play the game today. I was able to login to my account and download the client to install it.

I was a little confused about the account status since it said: "Account Status: Active - Trial" and wasn't sure whether this meant I had an account or not, the status also said: "ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE EARLY ACCESS Member Since ..." (date redacted for security purposes).

Anyway, since I could login to the account I assumed it was still all good. However, when trying to login from the client I found the exact same login details wouldn't let me start and I got a failed login message.

I tried to raise a Customer Service ticket, but the system tells me the IP address is different, which appears to be a common thread amongst users and is normal with ISPs that reallocate their IP numbers.

I got the response of being sent an email to validate the new IP address; got the email; entered the code and got a failed login. I tried this several times, both typing and copy/pasting from the original email, but no access.

Due to the age of the original account I've no idea where the game discs are that might have the serial numbers so I'm unable to complete the non-login version of contacting Customer Support because of all the required fields.

I would welcome any help or suggestions as to how to login to play the game.

Thank you for reading.