The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

In need of a mentor(Stamplar/PVP/PC/EU)

Sendrik
Sendrik
✭✭✭
Greetings.
This is already bothering me for a while,so i will get right to it.

I have over 800 ingame hours now and spent most of them playing as a stamina templar....but i still cant keep up with those max cp guys in bg,s despite playing multiple bg,s everyday.
I was reading trough the eso wiki,tried to find a suitable build,i asked other player ingame,on discord,and also the steam forum.
Well,i DID improve,after switching out some skills,changing sets and becomming a werewolf,but its still not enough.
At first,i was too squishy,because i was going for maximum damage,thats why i got the fortified brass set now.
It helped me greatly,but my damage output cant keep up with dk,s or nightblades(but thats to be expected)
DK,s dont just do more damage than me,they are also more tanky than me,making me question my class choice...

In bg,s i tend to have a group,consisting mostly of staff users,so,people who fight while keeping their distance.
When im the only melee fighter in my group who charges at ANYONE,in a group fight,i get focused by the enemy team and die in a few seconds.
If i dont do anything,im alive but im wasting a member slot of my team,since im not really useful when it comes to ranged combat with just 2 ranged skills.
In 1vs1 situations,evne outside of bg,s,i tend to lose,im too busy healing myself and dodging,to really do much damage to my opponents.

The only time where i have a real chance at winning,in group or 1vs1 fights,is when im using my WW ult,its REALLY powerful and gives me a much bigger chance at winning,so i adjusted my build by switching to a monster set that has a chance to give me more ultimate points.
But when im not transformed,im more or less a freekill,even with a non-ww build.
As a little example....i had a duel with a nightblade today,who had less CP than me but still easily killed me in my human form.
Got some clean bitting jabs in and also knockdowns,but his HP bar didnt really move much...then it was his turn,and one moment later,i already lost around 40% of my hp and had to play more defensive,heal up,buff up....while he went invisible and attacked me again.
I was completely busy keeping myself alive,and despite trying my best,even regulary getting rid of his debuffs,i lost.
Then we had another fight,this time,i had my ult charged.
The duel started and it looked already bad for me once more....then i switched to ww and a few seconds later,i won the fight with nearly full hp.
But i feel kinda cheap for doing this+i dont always have my ult charged.

I spent some months,searching for someone who could teach me how to improve with my stamplar,maybe also have some sparring with me and keep track of my progress.
I know that this is not a small favor,but i feel like good advice on a forum or discord server alone,just wont do it anymore
Everytime im asking about stamplars in pvp,people tell me that they are weak,even people who main,or mained,a stamplar.
And it looks like they are right,i cant remember the last time when i had a stamplar in my team while being in a bg,or even a GOOD stamplar.
The few stamplars i saw,are dualwielding,but this i dont want to do,at least not as my primary weapons.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now about my build.
Im using a greatsword as my primary weapon,and a bow as my secondary weapon.
I dont want to change that,since im going for a samurai/akaviri-like build,so the katana is a must and i just feel comfortable using it.
The bow....i could change it,if its absolutely needed,but i would rather avoid it.

My sets:
Bloodspawn
Automaton
Fortified brass

My sword and my bow are golden,the sword has the nirnhorned trait,my bow,not(yet).
I wear 5 medium armor pieces and 2 heavy pieces(chest and pants),2 of my armor pieces are golden,the rest is purple.
The traits are mostly impenetrable,with some max armor traits mixed in,since i dont have the impenetrable trait available for all pieces yet.
My jewelry is purple/blue.
My weapon damage should be around 2,7k,unbuffed.

Im using purple buff food for more max stamina/health and magicka.
When it comes to potions,im using potions that refill stamina,health,and give me a crit bonus,thats the best i could come up with so far.

My skillbars:
oBeHGVn.jpg
wIb0FNA.jpg
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I also tried out playing as a nightblade and DK,but i just didnt enjoy it,i like to play as some kind of paladin with a greatsword,and the templar comes kinda close to this.
I really want to make this work,please help me out.
Normally,im not this bad when it comes to pvp in mmo,s....in tera,i was really good as a slayer,but in eso,i just cant seem to get it right.
Got to admitt though,that theory-crafting and win-maxing really isnt my strong side at all,so thats propably where the problem lies.
A wanderers way never ends.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Haha its like reading my own thoughts. Even your skills numbering match mine. I recently gave up on my Stamplar and made my Stam Sorc main. I like their speed. But every once in a while I go back to try a new idea on the stamplar. If you find out how to make it work let me know!
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, you need a Mentplar?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get some POTL and DBOS, man. Get rid of snipe for POTL and ballista for DBOS unless you don't need the stam or cheese of werewolf, although you are doing that wrong without torugs if that's what you're after.

And if you don't have all impen; I'd replace fortified brass with impregnable.

I also personally still want the snare removal so maybe dont do POTL and run shuffle. Or even running 5 heavy might help you survive and learn a bit more and you can swap really to FM. Getting out of line of site is greater than any heal and allows vigor to tick you up. Cant do that while snared to death.
    Edited by technohic on December 18, 2018 10:57PM
  • Sendrik
    Sendrik
    ✭✭✭
    Already considered to switch snipe for POTL,since a lot of people use it.
    For my second ultimate,i thought about the turret morph of my bow ultimate,combined with POTL while throwing in some biting jabs,would that work?
    And if a DK has his shield up,would the turrets shots get fired back at ME,or the turret?

Or i could instead use dawnbringer,like you said.
    Just feels a bit odd to have a bow,but not using any bow skills at all,so i wanted to check if theres a way to put it to some use,or if i have to scrap all bow skills(otherwise i could just use a sword/shield instead,seems like a waste to me to not use the bow at all).
    So, you need a Mentplar?

Yes,i need a mentplar :P
    A wanderers way never ends.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out the section of this forum on the class rep on Templar, and/or check out youtube. There are plethora of clips for all kind of toons, classes and builds by them ESO guru types.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sendrik wrote: »
    Already considered to switch snipe for POTL,since a lot of people use it.
    For my second ultimate,i thought about the turret morph of my bow ultimate,combined with POTL while throwing in some biting jabs,would that work?
    And if a DK has his shield up,would the turrets shots get fired back at ME,or the turret?

Or i could instead use dawnbringer,like you said.
    Just feels a bit odd to have a bow,but not using any bow skills at all,so i wanted to check if theres a way to put it to some use,or if i have to scrap all bow skills(otherwise i could just use a sword/shield instead,seems like a waste to me to not use the bow at all).
    So, you need a Mentplar?

Yes,i need a mentplar :P

You do have to watch with POTL as it projects your burst is coming. Of course, if you keep it up anyway, then it just is what it is.

Running the ballista morph is the best morph for the bow ultimate, but if there is any kind of LOS nearby, you will kill only the people you probably wouldnt have an issue killing anyway. Best use outside of that I have found is, you can let it damage the potato while you get away from their teammates focusing you.

Its up to you on the bow vs anything else. Snipe is one of those things that can get you a lot of free kills so long as you're not focused; but you will be in a hurry and in a melee if you are not a nightblade who can cloak out. I run a bow with now abilities on my stamplar as I use it for major expedition briefly on retreat, and so I can weave heavy or light attacks with POTL and javelin. It gives me a somewhat range option, which you can with javelin alone, but I get some stamina return from range, and then I run infused on the bow with a weapon damage glyph so I can proc that when I reapply POTL or if I am stuck in a range fight where Im not really ranged and do better melee, but theres just too much to go charging in. I do feel defile is important to help templars pressure so you may decide differently. I just use a combination of disease enchant on my 2h bar, and I run cyrodiils ward. A bit redundant but its to make up for the uptime and I cant rely on just disease because argonians and wood elfs are a thing.