Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone can clarify about Velidreth dodge phase?

mocap
mocap
✭✭✭✭✭
Could you give me an easiest way to understand when you need to dodge (or double dodge?) to avoid ground oneshot spike?

Someone says about screen shaking.
Someone says about screen bluring.
Someone says about green circle.
Someone says about smoke under feet.
This is crazy!
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look at Velidreth (while blocking if on HM to not get blown up by artillery). As soon as you see Velidreth moving down, it's about to pop up, so dodge. The spikes appear as soon as Velidreth touches the ground, which she does very fast.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    The way I do it is watch her on the roof.
    The screen will get lighter, this is when you get ready.
    Close after the screen lightens she lifts her legs, as soon as her legs move, dodge roll.

Good luck!
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always do this:
    look on your feet and wait until the circle is gone, count to 3 -> dustclouds appear, and dodge now!

some people say look at her butt and wait until she is shaking it but.. ew.. her butt is not nice...
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    YamiKuruku wrote: »
    I always do this:
    look on your feet and wait until the circle is gone, count to 3 -> dustclouds appear, and dodge now!

some people say look at her butt and wait until she is shaking it but.. ew.. her butt is not nice...

Exactly -- I do a slow countdown of 3.. 2.. 1.. in my mind and dodge multiple times in a direction away from my group members
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I make mistakes and die. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. That's how I've experienced this.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all fun and games until you encounter a bug where she doesn't leave the ground when she's supposed to jump to the ceiling...
    Oh, and my atronach light just vanished, even though I picked it up and already had the big circle around me. If I remember correctly, it disappeared the moment the other guy took the second light. It just canceled out mine for some reason...
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all fun and games until you encounter a bug where she doesn't leave the ground when she's supposed to jump to the ceiling...

that's why it's cool to stare at the ground, doesn't make you dependent on whether she's up or not o:)
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If she isn't bugged simply look at her and when she kicks to drop down just dodge.

But shes buggy now so thats not as easy, you will have to do either audio que <rumble?> or looking down for dust.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look at her. When she goes up to ceiling. When she starts to drop, dodge roll.

It’s been glitched for awhile. Like she just stays on the ground. Shame on ZOS. Not much you can do here if you can’t tell wtf is going on. The atros were glitched yesterday too. They barely just came out and she banished us to the outer. Did not go well.

I’ve heard all this stuff about circles around your feet, feel the controller vibration, room turning colors. Those are the most inconsistent imo. Best thing is always look at her. But when it’s glitched, not much you can do.
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Listen for the rumbling sound then dodge roll, you will avoid the spike every time.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Look at Velidreth (while blocking if on HM to not get blown up by artillery). As soon as you see Velidreth moving down, it's about to pop up, so dodge. The spikes appear as soon as Velidreth touches the ground, which she does very fast.

This. When she drop, roll dodge.

I've only ever seen the circle on other peoples' feet now and then, never mine - so I go by the room lightening, watch for drop, roll dodge.

When she bugs and just stays on the floor, look for when room lightens, count 1,2 to yourself and roll dodge. That seemed to work for me this week when it was pledge.
    Edited by Mureel on December 19, 2018 4:47PM
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the ground trembled I do a double dodge roll. Works every time.

If your dps is high enough you can sometimes not even see that mechanic
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "They barely just came out and she banished us to the outer. Did not go well.

I think if you over DPS her you get kicked before atro's spawn honestly. Seen it happen in non HM vet when everyone dumped ults and bursted as much as they could with Tank + 3 DPS.
    Edited by karekiz on December 19, 2018 9:21PM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like others have said, watch her on the roof, when she moves to come back down, dodge roll.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just roll when I hear the "thud" sound.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    "They barely just came out and she banished us to the outer. Did not go well.

I think if you over DPS her you get kicked before atro's spawn honestly. Seen it happen in non HM vet when everyone dumped ults and bursted as much as they could with Tank + 3 DPS.

65% is the threshold for the first phase
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • SvariBK
    SvariBK
    ✭✭
    When she goes up don't move and when you see a bit of dust at your feet dodge. The dust is hard to see imo and will only get clear when you know what you are looking for. But then it becomes easy
    BK-22 PC EU Player
    Tank & DD
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to sometimes die because I would guess-timate a timer in my head or try to look at the ground and judge. But now, I've never died to it. I always look at the ceiling to see her. She'll be still the whole time, and as soon as she moves I dodge roll. Works 100%.