Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do you collect motif pages?

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr3sden wrote: »
    Why do you collect motif pages?
    Dressup games in the outfit system! What else? :p;):D

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Outfit options and master writ chances.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fashion! I simply must look my best when I'm getting my face torn off in a battle I'm unsuited for.
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still have some glass motif fragments around somewhere, lol.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to be looking fine.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta' Collect Them All Fashionmon.

What happens when you do...?

The same thing that happens when you catch all the fish for the master angler achievement - nothing.

You do it for the sense of accomplishment and completion, you get nothing more than satisfaction and that is enough for me.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    What makes people collect them?

Collecting them are suppose to increase your odds to get Master Writs from doing crafting dailies.

However: I'm not sure if you need the whole set from each style for it to count or not. Would be helpful if someone more knowledgeable than me could clear that up.

But that's why I collect them. So I can obtain and make Master Writs. Unless of course it's a style I actually use for my outfit. Then I collect them for cosmetic reasons.

Yeah unfortunately it's only completed styles that are counted towards the improved chance of master writs.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I was low level I was given some ugly armor for free, redoran in light armor was ugly especially with robes.

I resolved that if I gave anyone gear I would want it to look good unless they really didn't care. That was my feature differentiation as a free grand crafter for all new players that I could come across. Good looking gear at all levels.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    to do crafting writs and sell the ones I know. one of the best ways to make gold in the game
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally? I wanted to learn all motifs to be of service to the community. This was before the outfit system existed, you see. Some players - myself included at the time - would always run one crafted set to control the aesthetics of their character. I wanted to help people put together the aesthetics they wanted in whatever crafted set they wanted. It used to be a real struggle to become a master crafter (no research scrolls) and master stylist (new motifs were not really available in crown store). When the outfit system was first announced, I was thinking that I would be able to craft outfits for people to trade but that isn't how the system was designed, unfortunately. Instead it made my original reason for learning all motifs largely obsolete.

These days, I mostly keep up on styles for my own use, but it's becoming a bit... onerous. I'm currently missing a couple of them because they are too expensive to buy with gold in game and I'm not in the mood to buy them from the crown store.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to be looking fine.

^This.^

1VOL1nr.png
    PIZmJsc.png
  • leadstorm13
    leadstorm13
    Soul Shriven
    For master craft writs as you won't know what style the writ might come in. The more you have the more you can do and the more vouchers you can get. Also with the new costume system, got to look good while killing anything that looks at you funny.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fashion Scrolls Online, binch!
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To get better master writs ...
    shades.gif

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your character ends up looking fabulous is what happens.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    per my guild leader, the best dressed in bgs are the real winners. B)
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I've gotten to the point that not only do I have an 'ultimate master crafter' (all motifs and traits), but I can actually offer an unexpected service to friends or guildmates who need something crafted. I can make any style, so it does help,...and I do get requests. (possibly because I hold the guild house for several guilds, and that helps people to know that I can make almost anything they need).

@Alassirana
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the voice in my head says...

"You know a motif came out with that new DLC, right?"

Yeah I know...

"Can't continue to officially call yourself a Grand Master Crafter without it...."

Shut up...

"K, just saying..."

/me ports to nearest guild traders
    Master Craftsman!
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like Pokemon and Indriks, gotta collect them all...

well on one character, which can be explained in one word. Options

https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Outfits, and
    2. So my friends who are not subscribers can have pretty things to wear too--even without outfits I can still make them gear in a style that will look nice.
    Edited by Minyassa on December 26, 2018 1:25PM
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭

The same thing that happens when you catch all the fish for the master angler achievement - nothing.

You do it for the sense of accomplishment and completion, you get nothing more than satisfaction and that is enough for me.

not completely true. I would like to have that achievement (for the achievement, the title and) especially for the achievement furniture - a boat - that you can get
    PC-EU @lientier
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want the Master Crafter achievement.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're into doing Master Writs, you need the style to be able to make the item. So I don't collect any that won't get called for that way (the Crown-store only ones). All the others get bought for gold as I need them, and needing means "for a writ" or "because there's only one page I don't know of that style". Chances of getting writs are based on complete styles known, so completing a style gets a bit more priority at the end.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learn all the motifs on one character. All the rest I sell.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

To get better master writs ...
    shades.gif

But all of our crafting knowledge (motifs included) doesn't affect the quality of the master writs, only the chance at getting a master writ. I wish that knowledge did have some effect on the chance of getting higher value writs, but as it stands, it only affects chances of getting a writ.
    I want the Master Crafter achievement.

You only need to learn, what 60? (iirc) motifs for that achievement. So, not even all of them that are in the game right now.

I learn them all as a completionist, and to keep up with the drop rate of Master Writs. As of now, I don't know any Welkynar, and only a handful of Silver Dawn. I have 2 left of Dead Water, but Elder Argonian is coming soon.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a completionist and a collector. I caught all 721 Pokemon back in Pokemon Y; collecting 66* books of motifs is a worthy challenge.

[there's 70 motifs, except 43/46/53 are dumb crown ones and there is no 68]
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""