The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Addons won't load

KlotePino
KlotePino
✭✭✭
Hey, I finally got my gf to the point where I can install eso on her new laptop to play for when she's not at the house, I downloaded and installed eso with no problems, yet today I installed minion to install some addons as the game (at least to me) is really f*cking unplayable without them. Minion installed just fine and I used thwe finder to install some of my favorite addons. When I launch the game however, the addons menu doesn't show anything, they are nowhere to be found.

I checked the folder location and they are not where they should be. They are on D:main game file instead of C:users blah blah addons.
I tried to copy them there but the laptop doesn't have enough diskspace it says. (I mean how large can those addons be? Certainly not over 45 gig.)

What can I do?

(ps. I installed eso on my external drive due to the fact my gf got bitched by the shop where she bought this laptop, it only has 1 128 gig ssd and I don't want to fill that up with eso as again, the laptop isn't mine.)

Thanks in advance
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can check the following if you haven't already.

1. You agreed to the add-ons agreement in the game.
    2. You allowed out of date add-ons
    3. That the folder Mininion is using is the correct folder, this should be "live" folder in your MyDocs/ESO/ location. It's also worth noting that "live_eu" used to be a folder for add-ons but no longer works.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • KlotePino
    KlotePino
    ✭✭✭
    first 2 check, 3rd one, I saw that on google, also not the problem
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rereading you opening post. You say your add-ons are somewhere on the D drive and not the C drive.

If you go into Minions settings you should be able to direct it to wherever your TES MyDocs files are. I would say uninstall all your add-ons (take a note of them/screenshot them to remember what you had) then redirect Minion to the correct location and then download them again.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • KlotePino
    KlotePino
    ✭✭✭
    Right from the start I told minion the right folder, but Imma try
  • KlotePino
    KlotePino
    ✭✭✭
    okay I don't know what the heck I just did, but it seems to be working now. I flippin' hate win 10, let that be clear at least
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KlotePino wrote: »
    okay I don't know what the heck I just did, but it seems to be working now. I flippin' hate win 10, let that be clear at least
    Glad you got it working. I also fully agree with that hate.