The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ping Spikes

Some_Guy
Some_Guy
✭✭✭✭
I haven't posted anything on the forums in a long time, but this is killing me.
I've been trying to get parses on toons to get comparisons between different sets and whatnot and I keep getting random spikes of ping, anywhere from a few hundred to 10k ping, when 99% of the time, I'm sitting around 90 ping. I have every other program on my computer closed (though testing my internet connection shows that my internet isn't the issue and NONE of my other online games/programs have this problem). I even went out of my way to get one of the small houses and put NOTHING in it except 2 dummies: a 6 mil for parse, and a 3 mil to build ultimate on, just to limit the amount of information that had to be communicated between myself and the server. AND I'M STILL GETTING PING SPIKES.
It's just salt in the wound that 10 seconds into a 6 mil parse, I get just 3 or 4 seconds of ping spikes, thus ruining the parse, and I have to finish the other 5 million health knowing my parse is shot to (expletive deleted), all the while experiencing no more ping spikes (now that my parse is shot).
I'm getting tired of wasting literally hundreds of spell power and weapon power potions. Can we fix this? Or should I (like so many others) just give up and accept it?
We Wipe On Trash
Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do a search here for "Akamai". It's not on your end ...
    dry.gif
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you have the add-on Destinations active, it caused all kinds of issues with combat dummies in houses.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    The ping meter is sensitive to things that aren't necessarily connection related it appears. It *could* be some sort of issue anywhere between your computer and the ESO servers. (not just your local ISP, but all the others along the path). However, ping spikes can also be caused by other issues, like your CPU maxing out briefly for any number of reasons, but enough to cause the client to be less responsive, which will cause the ping meter to go up. (some addons can do it too)
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    seriously, it's to the point where I can't play this game anymore. I can't stay online for more than 5 or 10 minutes without getting kicked. I'm monitoring all the systems that I possibly can in this computer and nothing is spiking, nothing is triggering this game from the outside. It's the game itself. How do I fix this? Any of the developers care to shed some light on this?!?
    Edited by Some_Guy on December 24, 2018 10:49PM
    We Wipe On Trash
    Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
    Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
    Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
    Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
    My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
    Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
    Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
    Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
    Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
    Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
    Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
    Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
    A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
    Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some_Guy wrote: »
    seriously, it's to the point where I can't play this game anymore. I can't stay online for more than 5 or 10 minutes without getting kicked. I'm monitoring all the systems that I possibly can in this computer and nothing is spiking, nothing is triggering this game from the outside. It's the game itself. How do I fix this? Any of the developers care to shed some light on this?!?

Couple of things you can try that are basic. Repair game files, and trash the shader and user setting files both normally found in documents folder. If you haven’t done any of this for a few patches and/or big updates things can get out of wack. Make sure all your internet related cables and such are still performing properly and all computer and router firmware are up to date. If you live in another country outside of the server country try a good routing service like Mudfish which might help to stabilize your connection. I just say all this because that is abnormally bad. I play from a thailand and don’t get any DCs usully, only occasionally in really big PvP battles in Vivec.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 27, 2018 9:48AM
  • Stamination
    Stamination
    ✭✭
    ZOS just needs to fix their game. We shouldn't need "tricks"
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to bump. Thinking about mudfish, how much does it cost? I probably play 10-20 hours per week, in UK, pc-eu?
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    Since the last update (Feb. 11, 2018), my ping has been going from 80-999+ sporadically throughout the game including all dungeons and delves.

It got so bad during my random dungeon yesterday, that I was literally stuck in place (couldn't move) and I was unable to use any of my abilities. I had to tell my group to wait until I restarted the game. Even though when I did return, I no longer got stuck, my ping was still jumping up and down throughout the rest of the dungeon.

It makes my attacks and abilities not fire appropriately and there seems to be a minimum of a 3 second delay.

It's embarrassing when I could have saved a teammate but my abilities won't work on time.

Things I've tried to make the game work better:
    -restarted router
    -updated drivers
    -removed mods
    -repair game files
    -reinstalled game

None of the above things seems to make a difference. My ping is still all over the place. This is the first time in the last 3 years since I've been playing this game that my ping has been outrageous. I never experienced lag spikes before which is why I play this game over my other online games.

I play on the PC-NA server and just started experiencing these outrageous ping/lag spikes since this past Monday.