Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Roads in Cyrodiil should give you a speed boost while out of combat and mounted

krathos
krathos
✭✭✭✭✭
Being mounted and out of combat on a road in Cyrodiil should give a speed boost that stacks with rapids.
Edited by krathos on November 24, 2018 8:35PM
Flapjack Palmdale
<ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this sounds awesome
  • Viserys_Varanis
    This would break Cyro easily
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

TBH everything breaks Cyro, even little deer back years ago caused issues...
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to mount, switch weapons or gear or go in and out of doors since last patch.....matter of fact I am staying in combat long enough to go from the resource of one keep to another keeps resource as a matter of routine. You would think something like that would have been fixed after the "staying in combat" bug was turned in about the 10,000'th time- but nope.....still unable to do all of that stuff and still not out of combat in 6 secs. You would think this would have been addressed already, but apparently not.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can not break that which is already broken.
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a rare occurrence on these forums- I actually love this idea!

Obviously combat bug should be fixed first so we can actually meet the terms for this feature (lol) but I love the concept, for two reasons:
    1) With this idea we will be able to spend less time in Horse Simulator Online and more in PvP
    2) This will make roads a lot more popular for groups to use and might result in clashes between alliances in new interesting locations where not many fights happen these days.
    I am not speaking of the roads between the ring keeps of course but the less popular ones.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we siege the road, then?

Jk like this idea.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ever since I loaded into vivec since derpmire I always crash when thinking about vivec and when I do get in there the few times without crashing at the thought. I can never mount it anything since I’m permanently in combat because some bug in alkir is still chasing me.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather they allow mounting in combat. When you mount in combat you start with 0 horse stamina meaning that if you get hit once you will be knocked down (there should then be a cooldown before you can remount of 15-30s)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I submitted this idea as feedback in August of 2013, following the first weekend Cyrodiil beta test. Those devs, pre-launch, cared a lot more about pvp than the ones you have now, they don't care at all, and nothing came of it. If you want things to improve your playing the wrong game.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's a nice idea! I just would hope that the textures load before my horse races down the road.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thumbs up for this idea, either give us the old Ward of Cyrodiil buff in some way or make roads faster for mounted travel.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That'd be grand !
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea. On top of that Major Gallop also should be a permanent buff applied by battle spirit. Let's be honest swapping skills all the time is stupid (especially for our console brethren) and reaching anywhere in Cyro with an under leveled horse is a pain regardless.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m behind it. I’d actually have to steer my mount instead of running in a straight line.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounts in cyrodil should be battle leveled to max stam max speed simple
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea but there are no roads around the transit lines except inner circle keeps. Majority of roads take you weird places.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was thinking the same thimg yesterday. However, what will be determined as "roads"?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    seriously who thinks of these things?
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    i wonder what new issues this would create
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This terrible idea you solo player want get way from pvp when lose and not fight like man. All coward I tell you. Try fight for faction no one want horse simulator take your idea elsewhere.
    -a concerned Brazilian eso member
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda with that idea. Am sure it would strain the code and break something but would make sense over horse parkour down cliffs being as quick
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Noobs all around would use the roads. Good ganking locations they would become.

However, I am with Beardimus in that if there was the slightest chance it would make Cyrodiil perform even worse it should not be considered for a second.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS just give us a 100% uptime to major gallop Cyrodiil already as part of the battle hardened passive. At this point we cant even slot Rapids to get somewhere and then unslot it upon arrival due to constantly being considered "in combat".
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    This terrible idea you solo player want get way from pvp when lose and not fight like man. All coward I tell you. Try fight for faction no one want horse simulator take your idea elsewhere.

This arguement holds no water. How is he going to get away from a fight with this? We must play different games because in the ESO I play you cant mount for exactly an eternity after any fight.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »

This arguement holds no water. How is he going to get away from a fight with this? We must play different games because in the ESO I play you cant mount for exactly an eternity after any fight.

:insightful:
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well considering they can't even implement a working combat flag I don't think this is a good idea.

Lots of us can no longer even update the game normally anymore since 09/04/18 and are growing tired of the workarounds (see PC support thread if interested).

Usually MMOs get better over time but this game just gets worse.