The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Construct"

kitsune_beth
kitsune_beth
✭✭✭
In a few Dwemer delves I've found parts for a "Construct"..
I can't use them..
I can't bank them..
I haven't destroyed them in case they're valuable in some way, but..

How many of them are there?
What are they for?
What am I supposed to do with them?
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a part of the "Precursor", belonging to a quest in Clockwork City. If you have that DLC, you can do the quest to assemble a thing that can be used as a target dummy.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/377018/precursor-maker-achievement-guide/p1
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note...if you destroy them they go back to their spawn point. Feel free to do so if you don’t want to do the quest.

If you do start the quest, you get to put the pieces on a rack as you collect them so they don’t sit in your inventory.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got 5 precursor constructs standing off in a corner of my house, one from each of my max level characters that finished the quest, and I used them to test out how quickly all of them can be demolished in a single fight. So far the stamina nightblade has the fastest time, which I found surprising.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on January 18, 2018 6:07PM
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for this serious case of thread necromancy but...
    I finally managed to gather all parts for the first time yesterday, got the construct, put it in my house and tried to give it a beating... nothing happened.
    I can not target and damage the thing. AoE damage works, but no direct damage. Am I missing something here?
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you can't directly target it, it's not placed correctly. Make sure it has a green outline when you place it.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great, thank you!
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon