Maintenance for the week of January 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 21
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Any idea for mount of Tsaesci race?

Oberstein
Oberstein
✭✭✭
What kind of mount they ride?
History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only mount we have in-lore belonging to the Akaviri are Red Dragons.
  • Jacen_Veron
    Jacen_Veron
    ✭✭✭
    Snakes. Snakes riding bigger snakes.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Tsaesci really are snake people similar to Lamia, then i would think it'd be difficult for them to mount anything.
    CP1,000+ Master Explorer - AvA Tribune - Console Peasant
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the physical appearance was but a lie by the Imperials (wouldn't be the first time an Imperial lied or exaggerated about something they clearly know nothing about...I'm looking at you, Racial Phylogeny) then maybe they would just use...I don't know, a horse or something? We know nothing of the Akaviri wildlife...They could have something like Mammoth-sized Durzogs or something.

    I don't think we'll ever learn anything about Akavir besides the name of the races.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

    I play healers often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP780). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

    I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps check the book that talks about the Invasion of Akavir. Might have some clues there.
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirin-themed re-skins of all the existing mount models. What else could they possibly be?
    PC EU
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still think Tsaeci are human.
    They are just like the TES equivalent to feudal Japan. They use the snake masks to frighten their enemies.
    Just like the samurai used masks to look like demons.
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭
    so possibly horses
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Tsaeci are human.
    They are just like the TES equivalent to feudal Japan. They use the snake masks to frighten their enemies.
    Just like the samurai used masks to look like demons.

    There’s quite a debate about this tbh as there a a handful of books throughout the series that have conflicting reports, so there is no definitive answer :(
    The main theory is that there was a race of men which was referenced to as akaviri and the vampire serpents was the Tsaesci. Then the Tsaesci wiped the humans out hence no more men left on Akavir
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    i think we need some beautiful horse mounts for blades/Tsaesci themed.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • Strychnos
    Strychnos
    ✭✭✭
    so possibly horses
    Oberstein wrote: »
    i think we need some beautiful horse mounts for blades/Tsaesci themed.

    Based on the flavor text from the "Grey Yokudan Charger" and "Psijic Camel Exemplar" mounts, horses likely originated in Yokuda. It is stated that Redguards brought them to Tamriel with them.

    Because of this, I'm not sure if Tsaesci would use horses? If they originated in Yokuda, they would have had to been imported to Akavir and become popular there. Also, depending on if Tsaesci have legs or not (the jury is still out on that one), they might not ride anything at all. If they do have mounts, it's likely that they would be some unknown species native to Akavir.
    lvl50 Characters:
    Toxlexel (Argonian Templar PvE Healer, EP)
    Grove-of-Trees-Swaying (Argonian Vampire NB PvE Tank, EP)
    Kazabi-daro (Khajiit DK PvE DPS, AD)- build under renovation
    Characters being leveled:
    Meera-Ei (Argonian DK PvP Tank, EP, Grove's sister)
    Iroas Candaalil (Maormer [Dunmer] PvE Sorc DPS, EP, vMA build)
    Trick-of-the-Light(Argonian Warden PvE Healer, EP)
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    Strychnos wrote: »
    so possibly horses
    Oberstein wrote: »
    i think we need some beautiful horse mounts for blades/Tsaesci themed.

    Based on the flavor text from the "Grey Yokudan Charger" and "Psijic Camel Exemplar" mounts, horses likely originated in Yokuda. It is stated that Redguards brought them to Tamriel with them.

    Because of this, I'm not sure if Tsaesci would use horses? If they originated in Yokuda, they would have had to been imported to Akavir and become popular there. Also, depending on if Tsaesci have legs or not (the jury is still out on that one), they might not ride anything at all. If they do have mounts, it's likely that they would be some unknown species native to Akavir.

    As far as i know they rode dragon which makes them possible to have legs.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to imagine a Tsaesci - a snake thing with a human upper part and snake lower part. Now, how could he ride a mount? Well, perhaps like this:

    d1f4dcfcd1d5.jpg

    This is a way ladies were riding in past times. Imagine a Tsaesci sitting in this way - he may ride any mount, be it a horse or a bear or a giant snail. I hope we'll see a giant snail mount some day. I love snails.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    I tried to imagine a Tsaesci - a snake thing with a human upper part and snake lower part. Now, how could he ride a mount? Well, perhaps like this:

    d1f4dcfcd1d5.jpg

    This is a way ladies were riding in past times. Imagine a Tsaesci sitting in this way - he may ride any mount, be it a horse or a bear or a giant snail. I hope we'll see a giant snail mount some day. I love snails.

    The Tsaesci only have a snake-like skin, as far as their armor and depictions suggest.

    EDIT:
    I'm also pretty sure ladies didn't charge into battle with cavalry.
    Edited by Bruccius on December 17, 2018 1:55PM
Sign In or Register to comment.