The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO causing excessive fan noise with XBOX One X

Enigmatic
Enigmatic
✭✭✭
This has been especially noticeable since the Murkmire update:.
  • Boot up XBOX. Silent.
  • Open ESO, fan starts to ramp up.
  • Play general content, fan noise becomes more noticeable.
  • Word boss fights, dolmens, Trials fan is louder still.
  • Log out of ESO, all fan noise immediately ceases.

Is there some sort of game optimisation that is now missing from the game that is causing this unnecessary noise?

I do not experience this issue with any other game played on the same console and the simple fact that is only starts when I launch ESO (and ends immediately after closing ESO) means it's the game and not the console.
  • TyroneShoelaces
    Have you blown the dust out of it recently?
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    Have you blown the dust out of it recently?

The console is not that old that it would have acquired dust just to spin fans in ESO and no other game.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's odd. My ps4 is practically silent when playing eso, only time it somewhat ramps up is during big battles in cyrodiil or if there's tons of people at a dolmen.
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    For the avoidance of doubt, I disconnected my XBOX and have blasted it with compressed air. No dust came out and it's still noisy as above.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Mine has no issues,make sure the console can move cool air in and hot air out, dont place in a closed cabinets or near a heat source like the sun or a heater
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should try ps4 launch version. It sounds like a jet engine no matter what you play.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have that problem on my Xbox one X.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Mine just started doing the same only that game this is a old post but it’s been doing that since this post was created
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Mine just started doing the same only that game this is a old post but it’s been doing that since this post was created

Heat rises so if you use your console vertically it stays cooler
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Excessive fan noise".

Sounds just like the forums tbh.
    Edited by LukosCreyden on May 18, 2019 8:29AM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.