The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Precursor Quest Clockwork City Not Working

• Madamova
    Madamova
    ✭✭✭
    You heard right, @lordrichter. We'll have a fix for this in Monday's PC patch.

Hi Gina, looks like it's still broken - I finished all CC quests and still unable to activate the Precursor quest. When I go to the board I have option to read it but nothing happens and no quest marker.

Is there a fix for this?!

Thanks.
  • REdream90
    REdream90
    ✭✭
    Done this quest yesterday idk. PC EU.
    Edited by REdream90 on January 7, 2018 7:10PM
  • Madamova
    Madamova
    ✭✭✭
    I can talk to the head for the next clue, and I can bring and install the parts, just no quest in my journal. I wonder when I found all parts will it count for a completed quest, even if I don't have a quest? I really want to finish achievements for Clockwork City, and this is the last quest I need to do :/
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me its still bugged, stuck at 23/24 quests, there's no quest marker and can't even enter Zanon's Workshop. Collected all the pieces as workaround but still nothing. Guess they'll fix when the new patch goes live.
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oliviander wrote: »
    Still bugged in 3.2.9 :'(

Still bugged in 3.2.10 :'(

and not fixed in 3.2.11 - WHY ? :'(

3.1.12 and still BUGGED buhu - :'(
  • zzolom
    zzolom
    Soul Shriven
    I can't start the quest from the bulletin board, although i can interact with it.

Also, i picked up the Constructor's Left Arm from Yldzuun, Alik'r Desert, but its not in my inventory, and can't pick it up again, because it's not there anymore. I installed the parts on the robot, left arm missing.

GG, thank you for wasting 2 hours of my life.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

This is still broken, I cannot start the quest in any way and I have (as other users) 23/24 quests completed.

I even collected all the parts and deposited into the machine, so the precursor is now complete in all parts but he doesn't say nothing a part the usual line, nor Zanor says nothing different to start the quest.

Please, there is even a furniture item related to this achievement.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • DawnWarrior
    DawnWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    This quest is still bugged for me.
    I don't have the Integral of Reason, though I did do the quest. (I probably got rid of it because I didn't know what it was.)
    Talking the to Precursor does nothing.
    Talking to Zanon does nothing.
    The "billboard" has nothing.
    The area that has the Integral of Reason no longer has it.
    I have no quest that I can complete.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest is still bugged for me.
    I don't have the Integral of Reason, though I did do the quest. (I probably got rid of it because I didn't know what it was.)
    Talking the to Precursor does nothing.
    Talking to Zanon does nothing.
    The "billboard" has nothing.
    The area that has the Integral of Reason no longer has it.
    I have no quest that I can complete.

Yes, it's bugged and I have proof of that.

I was able to start the quest asking to another player to share with me and solely this way, by that I understood what the problem was and in fact I was right,

once I got the quest, talked to that other npc and returned to Zanon, this happened

(the TWO Zanon References were present at the same time! This is indeed a bug!):

precursor_bugged_4.png

precursor_bugged_1.png

They really should correct the script, the old Zanon reference is not disappearing and that's why the quest won't start.

The quest giver (the new Zanon reference) is simply not there after the previous quest ends and he should take the place of the old reference!

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also stuck at 23/24. Nothing appears on the bulletin board for me to even start....

ETA: Checked back today to see if there was a fix for this as I'd really like to finish this quest and get the achievement and target dummy but .... scrolling back, I see this has been an issue since October 2017. Sad.
    Edited by Ostacia on March 18, 2018 5:41PM
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Jasli
    Jasli
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix this......I've collected all the pieces only to be blocked. I really don't want to delete them all and do it all over again
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any fix yet?
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, you can try begging or asking for more help, but one thing I learned here is when ZOS think they fixed a quest they will rarely return to check it again. Even if they do, 7 or more months will pass.

Why? Because this quest is not entirely broken or can work sometimes. They consider it good enough and move on.

I only wonder with this game getting bigger and bigger, will they be able to handle the content over time with the same number of staff?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    When looking at the achievement below, which parts are you all missing?

tzp05ik6xr1e.png

Also, keep in mind there is only one quest at the very start to find the first component, then you are cast adrift to find the rest yourself with hints from the Precursor. Once all components are collected and installed on the rig, you get the last quest to get the final reward.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When looking at the achievement below, which parts are you all missing?

Also, keep in mind there is only one quest at the very start to find the first component, then you are cast adrift to find the rest yourself with hints from the Precursor. Once all components are collected and installed on the rig, you get the last quest to get the final reward.

No Gina, the problem is: there is no way to start The Oscillating Son quest because the new quest giver is not there. The body parts are not relevant in this case, we can collect all parts by ourselves without the quest and even put them into the place, the problem is the scripted old Zanon reference not disappearing after The Precursor quest ends, so we cannot start "The Oscillating Son" because the new Zanon reference (the new quest giver) is simply not there.

I have screenshots above to prove this, I achieved to get the quest from another player that shared, and when I returned to the laboratory to complete the quest, the two Zanon references were present at the same time (the old one Zanon that should have disappeared after Precursor, and the new one that is the Zanon of The Oscillating Son and was not appearing, so it was impossible to get the quest).

My Eng is not very good, I hope it's a bit clear.
    Edited by RANKK7 on March 28, 2018 1:51AM
    lll
    lll
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @RANKK7 Thanks for the info. Could you take a screenshot of your progress within the Precursor Maker achievement and post it here, please?

Also, is everyone else having a similar issue to what RANKK7 mentioned? @DawnWarrior @Wintergreen @Jasli
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RANKK7 Thanks for the info. Could you take a screenshot of your progress within the Precursor Maker achievement and post it here, please?

Also, is everyone else having a similar issue to what RANKK7 mentioned? @DawnWarrior @Wintergreen @Jasli

I add this to be as clear as possible + screenshot you asked:

1. I've finished the quest "The Oscillator Son" impossible to start (impossible for me and many others, because no new dialogue after "The Precursor" was present) and I was able to start the quest ONLY asking to a player who had the quest, to share.

2. This is my achievement if useful, it says I miss an arm but I've completed the quest (ONCE someone shared with me, because it was impossible to start the quest otherwise, and that was the big problem):
    for_gina.png

3. What I have encountered (double Zanon) cannot be experienced by other players if they (unable to start the quest) don't ask someone who has the quest to share (only way to get the quest), because only in that case you are able to see the 2 Zanon (being one the old reference we all have who doesn't talk to start The Oscillating Son, and the new Zanon who is the new questgiver never appeared before).

Edited by RANKK7 on March 28, 2018 3:11PM
    lll
    lll
  • DawnWarrior
    DawnWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Attached are screenshots of the achievement (missing Integral of Reason), my quest log, and my quest inventory. If you need a screen shot of me standing next to the quest giver (with no interaction available), let me know.
    If I remember correctly, when I was doing the crow quest, there was a shiny Integral of Reason in one of the locations, so I picked it up, not knowing what it was. I may then have vendored it.

s37CKsC.png

ewxgEwc.png

1vTmPIc.png

• Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped before collecting the parts because I thought there'd be a quest to collect the parts. I collected them today and finished the quest. I am an idiot. Hoping much luck with this comes to those who are unable to do so.

Apologies and Red-Faced Shame, Wintergreen
    PC/ NA
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this quest still bugged for everyone? When the dlc first came out (a year ago....) I started picking up pieces before the quest. Now this is my final quest for the zone and I can’t complete it. I have a few precursor parts already placed but cannot start the quest. There is no quest at bulletin board or anything... :(
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just finished it on PS4 NA yesterday for the first time. I did not have the quest. I think I had stared it before but abandoned it but it let me finish it.
  • Oakthorn
    Oakthorn
    ✭✭
    I know that I already placed two parts a while ago - now wanted to place another two I found in the meantime, but:

- Quest is gone
    - no Zanon in workshop
    - no frame to place parts

When I visit the workshop, it's a completely empty room (apart from boxes etc). I also can't pick up the quest from the board or interact with the board in any way.

What now? Did I miss something?
  • DawnWarrior
    DawnWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really like to get the achievements associated with the quest. Now that CWC event is live, is there anything I can do to help ZOS solve this issue?
  • FellipeBuild
    FellipeBuild
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry for ressurecting this but the quest do not appear to me as well, is there any solution?
  • Oakthorn
    Oakthorn
    ✭✭
    Sorry for ressurecting this but the quest do not appear to me as well, is there any solution?

Doesn't seem like it, at least it still doesn't work for me. Same situation as described above,
  • KennisMenace
    KennisMenace
    ✭✭
    Quest is still not working,no quest on board and nobody in the workshop, could not get the quest to start collecting them,got all the parts except for the integral memory which is not where its supposed to be,must need the starting quest to get it but could not get it and still cant.

• Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest is still not working,no quest on board and nobody in the workshop, could not get the quest to start collecting them,got all the parts except for the integral memory which is not where its supposed to be,must need the starting quest to get it but could not get it and still cant.

Interesting. I was just able to do the whole quest on 4 different toons (making a Precursor army). I will say that one time I was unable to interact with the quest board to pick up its initial quest, but a quick relog fixed it.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gS6zfyB.png

Y7rzixq.png

cUfvYCI.png