The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Increase DPS

Rast999
Rast999
Soul Shriven
So I have just started to run dungeons. I am a CP300 level sorcerer. I am getting comments from veterans that I am not dealing enough DPS.
So I currently have 5 pieces of War Maiden and 5 pieces of Mad Tinker with 2 pieces of Rattlecage. I typically use crystal shard or bast something like that under the dark magic skill. I seem to scare between 8000 and 12000 per shot...What can I do to increase this...im hearing it should be 20K.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can post a screenshot of your character stats, @Rast999, that will enable forum-goers to help you out.

Shards is a single target ability that can only be cast every so often ... whether triggered by another skill or hard cast. So, you’re not doing 8k-12k damage per second (DPS).

Effective DPS players follow a rotation ... which means layering abilities and light attacks in succession to optimize overall damage. There are rotation guides online that can help on this.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It almost sounds like your gear is a PVP setup, albeit without a monster set. Especially Rattlecage. Not saying you should go all meta, all the time, but there are much better sets out there. Check out Tamriel Foundry or Alcast for ideas on gear and how to allot your CP.
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rast999 wrote: »
    So I have just started to run dungeons. I am a CP300 level sorcerer. I am getting comments from veterans that I am not dealing enough DPS.
    So I currently have 5 pieces of War Maiden and 5 pieces of Mad Tinker with 2 pieces of Rattlecage. I typically use crystal shard or bast something like that under the dark magic skill. I seem to scare between 8000 and 12000 per shot...What can I do to increase this...im hearing it should be 20K.

Using the abilities you have access to, try these abilities in order and intermix them so they're active and you maintain your regen, heavy attacks to restore magicka and light attacks intermixed in between abilities (called weaving) as you get used to it to increase damage.

Slot 1: Liquid Lightning Slot 1: Blockade of Fire
    Slot 2: Crystal Fragments Slot 2: Haunting Curse
    Slot 3: Elemental Weapon Slot 3: Hardened Ward
    Slot 4: Inner Light Slot 4: Channeled Acceleration
    Slot 5: Bound Aegis Slot 5: Bound Aegis
    Ultimate: Fiery Rage Ultimate: Greater Strom Atronach

Further, two fire staffs, infused on both, one magicka recovery, one flame attack increase. Julianos/Magnus/Willpower for your starting set or farm the Burning Spell Weave, Illambris etc with Julianos. Siroria and Julianos also work well if you want to farm Cloudrest trial on normal.

Gold staffs and use gold enchants especially on weapons, don't worry about golding armor.

Your rotation and skillset is what matters right now.

If you're on NA PC, reach out to my account @Delsana.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have access to a training dummy through a guild, you might try killing that, which will give you your sustained DPS. That's the number that really determines how long it takes to kill a boss, not the power od your individual skills like Blast.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question are you using frags on proc or are you cast timing?

I would swap back bar to lightening staff and put all aoe skills on that back bar then all single attacks on the fire staff or both staffs lightening and embrace the lightening storm that only sorcerers can do, but you haven’t really said what you weapons are or bar setup so it’s difficult to help with your layout

I’m not going to change your gear just advise best I can, sorcerers work better going high mag and crit so mad tink helps

Need to remember war maiden only increases magic attacks like frags not you lightening or fire attacks if your using them

Sorcerers are great going all lightening or all magic just doesn’t work going both as well as one way or the other
    Edited by macsmooth on December 15, 2018 10:44PM