Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do you collect motif pages?

Dr3sden
Dr3sden
✭✭✭
What makes people collect them?
  • moses1763
    moses1763
    ✭✭✭
    its all about the look!

As for me I simply must look good while traveling and saving the world. I eventually will craft some stuff later on as I grow in-game but One must simply look their best...

Happy New Life Festival and Happy Holidays!
    Live, Laugh, and Hope!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because learning them lets you play dress up?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Achievements and the outfit styles. I mean, why else!
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long ago, in the good old times of motifbooks being complete and of blue rarity, it was to be able to craft any possible item.
    Than it became being able to craft any masterwrit.
    For a very short time "to complete the outfit collection"..... Much thanks to eso marketing for putting a fast stop to that by adding all the fugly af crown exclusives.
  • Dr3sden
    Dr3sden
    ✭✭✭
    Achievements and the outfit styles. I mean, why else!

Wait why achievements? Is it for dye or like forum leaderboard?
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outfits. Before Summerset there was another reason - increased master writs drop chance, but it is impossible to keep up. Too many new motifs appear too soon, too hard to obtain and too expensive to buy. So I don't do any writs now.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because I am a Crafter. I need no other reason.
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta' Collect Them All Fashionmon.
  • Dr3sden
    Dr3sden
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta' Collect Them All Fashionmon.

What happens when you do...?
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Variety for crafting and outfits. Achievements. OCD. Lol
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like having as many options as possible for my character's appearance.
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Just because I want to. I don't want them enough that I'll pay through the nose for one. That imperial motif still eludes me on Xbox. Found it within a week of starting on PC :D
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
    DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
    PC
    AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
    EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
    DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
    PS5
    DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master writs. As Archmikem stated, play dress up. Also the grand master crafting achievement for knowing all motifs.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr3sden wrote: »

Collecting them are suppose to increase your odds to get Master Writs from doing crafting dailies.

However: I'm not sure if you need the whole set from each style for it to count or not. Would be helpful if someone more knowledgeable than me could clear that up.

But that's why I collect them. So I can obtain and make Master Writs. Unless of course it's a style I actually use for my outfit. Then I collect them for cosmetic reasons.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 15, 2018 11:35AM
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes nice exp from doing repeatable quests while making gold off guild traders selling the motifs you have already collected.

If I don't feel like running those quests I will skip a day or two. They will be there when I feel like coming back. So it's not that big of a deal.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same reason I collect an absurd amount of embroidery floss colors and cloth: I’m a crafter and I like a wide variety of options, even if I may never actually use them. Plus master writs and the master crafter achievement.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't collect them all (I never considered the Master Writ angle, but it is nice to have a complete style, for completion's sake); just the ones I like the look of (e.g., Primal, Barbaric, Skinchanger, whatever other motifs might catch my eye over time...), so that I can craft gear for my characters in those styles.

I don't get really deep into role-playing, but I've been table-top gaming since the first edition of AD&D, so RPG is in my blood. My characters do end-up with a backstory in my head, and looking the part is an integral aspect of RPG, so...
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do get them so I can do any crafting writ I get my hands on for the sake of having furnishing recipes and stuff from voucher vendor.
    Edited by Jamdarius on December 15, 2018 12:20PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writs? Not me.
    Achievements? Don't pay attention.
    Crafting styled gear? Nope.
    Outfits? Yes! :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Dr3sden wrote: »

Collecting them are suppose to increase your odds to get Master Writs from doing crafting dailies.

However: I'm not sure if you need the whole set from each style for it to count or not. Would be helpful if someone more knowledgeable than me could clear that up.

But that's why I collect them. So I can obtain and make Master Writs. Unless of course it's a style I actually use for my outfit. Then I collect them for cosmetic reasons.

Yeah unfortunately it's only completed styles that are counted towards the improved chance of master writs.
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have lots of money, so I need to spend it somewhere. I have completed a number of styles from buying at 10K or below.

I have assassin's guild, which is not fugly, apart from that I have never used a single one of them.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need them for the master crafter title.
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outfits! I like my characters to wear clothes that match the climate they're adventuring in. I just got Frost caster for my poor shivering Bosmer so she can venture into Wroth gar in comfort. Her bear is fine, he's got fur. Wish I could craft armour for her mount though.
  • General_Zeranth
    General_Zeranth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because at this points my OCD has kicked in and I must have them all.

Started back when I joined the game at console launch and after getting my hands on my first few I was addicted fast. Now with the outfit system I'm hopelessly lost in the depths of forever collecting that newest motif.
    Xbox - NA

Self confessed Master Angler title chaser.

Titles Earned: 10/∞
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I can do writs, mainly.

I love a few of them and use them for outfits; but, most of them are just so I can do writs.
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master writs and looking stylish. Duh ;)
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To test the limit in how much I can sell to peeps during an event. $$$ :D
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    outfits are the true endgame.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is RPG, and in ESO there is quite small room for roleplay with your class/weapon skills, so motifs, looks and cosmetics rule the day.

Also just for a collection and increased chance for drop of master writs.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because I'm an obsessive crafter. I want them for the sake of completing all the chapters, and so I have a nice variety of motifs to choose from when making gear. I'm also a big RPer and so are a lot of my friends, so I end up making a metric heckton of RP gear for myself and my pals. Having a wide array of motifs means I can craft different stuff for a wide range of character types.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!