The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where did the nord hero go?

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
So we all remember the three Original trailers for ESO when it first came out. There was the breton hero that died. The High elf Hero that we se later in summerset. And the Nord hero that we see about to fight Minamarco. So my question is what happened to him? We see later in the trailer where he is shirtless and looking up at a bunch of floating rocks in the darkness but then its a mystery after that. Was that scene a clue of whats to come in eso or will we see him again at all?
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be wrong, but I always interpreted that whole thing as Mannimarco took him and he is now one of the soulless. Now that could further be interpreted as he is us, the player trying to get their soul back. Or not, and he is just a soul shriven now.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That scene was meant to hint at the origins of the Vestige. The floating rocks can also be observed through out Coldharbour. The three heros were meant to be stand-ins for the Player Characters.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That scene was meant to hint at the origins of the Vestige. The floating rocks can also be observed through out Coldharbour. The three heros were meant to be stand-ins for the Player Characters.

I still think it would be really cool if we ever see the Nord hero again in another trailer in the future like when we saw the High Elf hero in the summerset trailer.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My headcanon is that he becomes that universe's version of the Vestige, and hopefully learns that charging headlong into battle isn't always the best strategy in the process...
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Nord Hero was damn evil with how they used that Elf Hero...
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still think it would be really cool if we ever see the Nord hero again in another trailer in the future like when we saw the High Elf hero in the summerset trailer.
    Maybe later! for a Skyrim chapter
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Nord Hero was exactly how a Nord Hero should be like.

Brutal and without much deep thinking.
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bruccius wrote: »

The Nord Hero was exactly how a Nord Hero should be like.

Brutal and without much deep thinking.

Brutal and without much deep thinking is not the same thing as evil.

The movies portrayed the Altmer girl as the vindicator and good character, the Nord guy as the brawn for the evil side that uses bloodish magic and such, and the Bretons as mostly a ranger doing cool tricks who then dies but kinda doesn't (that was some weird stuff).
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I imagine she's thinking "Goodbye and good riddance!" as she chucks his helmet off a cliff and then heads off to adventure with the much nicer Razum-dar.

(Somewhat ironic given the Shadowfen questline, where AD is considerably worse than anything we see the Pact do on AD territory.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 16, 2018 3:37AM
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I imagine she's thinking "Goodbye and good riddance!" as she chucks his helmet off a cliff and then heads off to adventure with the much nicer Razum-dar.

(Somewhat ironic given the Shadowfen questline, where AD is considerably worse than anything we see the Pact do on AD territory.)

Like the one thing we see that AD do that's bad as a whole is that genocide attempt, yeah that's horrible. Although it reminds me of the Cold Harbour Lamia versus Bosmer decision wherein you can persuade the Lamia and Bosmer but only the Lamia persuasion actually leads to most of them surviving. The AD must have been inspired by the Coldharbour Bosmer in an alternative timeline that happened first... somehow.

Although the whole assassination stuff going on from the Covenant was pretty dark in the AD line.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we'll have a Skyrim chapter some day...
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mani Marco f**ked him up.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Nord Hero" is one of my alts. Made him just after launch. He's even wearing the hero costume.

I might start leveling him one of these days.