The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I tip my hat to the fishermen

lygerseye
lygerseye
✭✭✭✭✭
The New Life Festival is fun, mindless questing, but it’s also a reminder of how much I hate fishing in this game. I am envious of those of you who can spend hours on end enjoying this mini-game mechanic. I just don’t have the patience.

Granted, the NLF is probably the worst time to fish, but there are parts of the mechanics that just drive me nuts. If I’ve got a fish in the line, and I reel it in, I shouldn’t lose my catch just because the spot dried up. I have the fish on the line already, I can see it in the window, it shouldn’t disappear!!! Give me more than 3 milliseconds to hit “R” to put it in my inventory!!!

Happy fishing all. I’m going to the store to by mine... May not be as fresh, but my time and sanity are worth the gold.
Edited by lygerseye on December 14, 2018 3:08PM
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turning on auto-loot eliminates the need to press "R" to take the items from the window. The process will be stream lined. When you reel in the line, whatever you caught will go straight to inventory. You will need to clean out any garbage items like Used Bait when finished or when space is needed, but the time saved out weighs a small bit of inventory management.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Limited inventory is what made me turn auto-loot off in the first place.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of funny seeing desperate fishing novices asking for “extra” fish from other players ... when it takes less than 10 minutes to catch all three (3) fish. That’s the same amount of time as doing two dolmens.

Don’t forget to stock up on your Festy mints at the fishing holes vendors. Those are fun to have.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 14, 2018 3:22PM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing with strangers sucks in both worlds.

The hole point is to enjoy sitting the sun at a nice lake, the fishing line is just a camo, so ppl who come there to bug me can get a "shhhh u r scaring the fish".

For nlf, theres some more remote and lonely fishing holes, for obvious reasons, i wont tell u where tho xD
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of funny seeing desperate fishing novices asking for “extra” fish from other players ... when it takes less than 10 minutes to catch all three (3) fish. That’s the same amount of time as doing two dolmens.

Don’t forget to stock up on your Festy mints at the fishing holes vendors. Those are fun to have.

Definitely took longer than 10 minutes. creeping Leeches we’re not dropping for me. I had 10 Blobfin and 6 Cucumbers before I saw my first Leech. Not counting all the used bait. Could only average 2 casts per hole before they’d dry up. Spent a lot of time running around to find the less populated holes before getting a second leech.