The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO won't start after pressing Play button

Jimboo84
Jimboo84
✭✭✭
Since the update of this week I'm unable to launch the game via pressing the Play button.
It's the latest client version as I can't update it, and also doesn't provide a prompt saying that it's up-to-date. ;) It doesn't provide any error. And when pressing Play the Task Manager also doesn't start ESO in the background.
Anyone knows what went wrong? I guess this is not working as intended. :wink:

xlzditvn9olh.jpg

Added a second screenshot of where is seems that eso64.exe is not located in the place anymore, were it was located before.... Can you tell me where to find eso64.exe?
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA

Here another hyperlink pointing to the same issue:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/446810/play-button-doesnt-work
Edited by Jimboo84 on December 13, 2018 4:18PM
Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
2.JPG 84.1K
  • MizaRadioaktiv
    I was having the same problem just now. I had to disable my virus scan and malware scan, run the launcher as an administrator and use the repair function under the game options. Once the repair ran and finished, I was able to get in the game.

Hope this works for you.
    MizaRadioaktiv

Aldmeri Dominion:
    Kai Adevari - Altmer - Nightblade
    Maelrii Adevari - Altmer - Dragonknight
    Faelim Adevari - Bosmer - Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact:
    Miza Adevari - Dunmer - Warden
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I was having the same problem just now. I had to disable my virus scan and malware scan, run the launcher as an administrator and use the repair function under the game options. Once the repair ran and finished, I was able to get in the game.

Hope this works for you.

I didn't need to repair, it was something else, see screenshot. My antivirus AVG marked eso64.exe as a virus and put it aside, lol. I've restored it afterwards to the correct location and the game is working again.
    snsbkk0d8372.jpg

But this raises questions toward antivirus softwares or ESO why this is automatically in quarantine
    I've read another tread of someone with the same problem, but with antivirus Avast.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jimboo84 wrote: »

Hope this works for you.

I didn't need to repair, it was something else, see screenshot. My antivirus AVG marked eso64.exe as a virus and put it aside, lol. I've restored it afterwards to the correct location and the game is working again.
    snsbkk0d8372.jpg

But this raises questions toward antivirus softwares or ESO why this is automatically in quarantine
    I've read another tread of someone with the same problem, but with antivirus Avast.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

You Sir - just saved me a lot of time searching ! :) Very much appreciated!
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me this morning. It looks like avast updated at 2am, but none of the exception changes will make the play button work. I uninstalled avast completely and it still doesn't work. Repairing the launcher now but I'm worried it's not going to work!
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Repair worked, thank sheogorath