The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is my stats Ok? I am a stamblade

monczhang
monczhang
Soul Shriven
Hi all,
Thanks for helping me out. I am a red guard stamblade. CP460 now. I am running selene + relequene + nightmother's gaze, where both selenes are gold, relequene has 2 purple left and NMG are weapons and jeweries --- weapons are gold and jeweries are blue ( mainly because I am poor...) .
Anyway, here are my stats unbuffed, just using a lover stone. Does this look OK?

weapon damage 2970
weapon crit: 60.2%
physical penetration : 6111
weapon critical damage: 175%
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It looks OK to me. :*
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's your max stam and max HP? What food are you using?

There isn't much point using Nightmother's gaze as a stamblade against bosses, when your spammable comes with Major Fracture already (and the tank applies it already usually). Unless you really want to build to deal with trash packs, but you can use something like Twice Fanged Snake (if you can afford the long farm) or Spriggan (much faster and can be bought at traders) or use another non-penetration set altogether (Hundings is a classic). If you intend to run with more optimized group, you can consider starting to farm Advancing Yokeda as well.

If you are on PC get a build addon like My Build and post a screenshot here, we'll be able to see everything at once.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Striken7
    Striken7
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    There isn't much point using Nightmother's gaze as a stamblade against bosses, when your spammable comes with Major Fracture already (and the tank applies it already usually).

This. Go ahead and replace NMG with something easy(ish) to get. Spriggan's is a strong choice, Briarheart also.

• monczhang
    monczhang
    Soul Shriven
    I actually have AY dagger and sword and the three jeweries.. Just I dont have a corresponding bow. Now that they changed the master bow and vMA bow to two-piece set, I was wondering which bow I should use to make set complete...

What is the advantage of AY again NMG here? I guess I am not hard core enough yet. I was always wondering about the up and downs about critical strike rating (by the way what is this exactly?) and penetration. I just figured I had only 6111 penetration and looks like people talk about 18.2 K as a cap (of course I would not be able to make everything high, but I want to learn what is more important and what is not.

I actually took a screen shot and did not know how to post it here... if only allows to line url here..
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My pref would be to replace NMG with Spriggans. As others have said the 5 piece bonus (for me anyway) is achieved with a physical attack, and I like the extra penetration from Spriggans. Plus, it's so easy to get!
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NMG gives the major fracture debuff and so does surprise attack. Since it's a debuff in the major/minor system, it doesn't stack and your set bonus is wasted. If you're not using surprise attack, you should be.
  • HallowedUndead
    AY is definitely a strong chioce. For penetration, if you want to increase it, and you dont have it already, go with the lover mundus stone. Also, try to use all diving armor, if you're aiming for all-out damage. If you want more health, get infused and put a health glyph on your chest.
  • monczhang
    monczhang
    Soul Shriven
    NMG gives the major fracture debuff and so does surprise attack. Since it's a debuff in the major/minor system, it doesn't stack and your set bonus is wasted. If you're not using surprise attack, you should be.

oh thank you! I did not know to that level. I do use surprise attack as the major output. So probably I should change to other gears. I am now grinding AY dagger, except that it's so hard to drop lol.

Thank you for the info!
  • monczhang
    monczhang
    Soul Shriven
    AY is definitely a strong chioce. For penetration, if you want to increase it, and you dont have it already, go with the lover mundus stone. Also, try to use all diving armor, if you're aiming for all-out damage. If you want more health, get infused and put a health glyph on your chest.

thanks! going to grind for AY dagger now :)