The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zenimax emailing system down?

jcjones12
jcjones12
So I bought a new laptop. I logged into eso this morning and played with no problems, later this afternoon I tried to login and it wouldn't let me. it said it didn't recognize the new device and wanted to send me a code to my email. I Never got a code. I attempted this a few times before I went to the website. I logged into my account on the website just fine where I can see my email, questions, billing etc. so I attempt to go to the support page to open a ticket and yet again you guys want to send me a code in order to access the support side of my account. Once I again I have yet to get an email with any codes in it. This is a seriously unspeakably flawed system you guys have here. I am affectively locked out of my account because I am not getting emails from you guys. Also, yes, I checked my email on my account and I am checking the correct email.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you haven't received the access code email, please change your e-mail address under your account info and a new access code will be sent to you after you attempt to log-in again. If you are unable to change your e-mail successfully, please use this form to request an email change and be sure to include both your current and old email addresses in the description. You won't need to log in to use this form. We will then change your e-mail address on your ESO account and a new access code will be send to you after you attempt to log-in again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If you haven't received the access code email, please change your e-mail address under your account info and a new access code will be sent to you after you attempt to log-in again. If you are unable to change your e-mail successfully, please use this form to request an email change and be sure to include both your current and old email addresses in the description. You won't need to log in to use this form. We will then change your e-mail address on your ESO account and a new access code will be send to you after you attempt to log-in again.
    For your information: in my own experience, changing my e-mail address entailed providing more detailed and obscure data which, supposedly, only I would know -- whether ZOS already had or otherwise could actually confirm any of it was neither evident nor apparent -- than the federal government requires for a Secret security clearance. .....

Evidently, corporations and others who "track" and record our actions while we use the Internet have adopted our respective e-mail addresses as a universal identifier, because each one is as unique as the player's Social Security number AKA Taxpayer Identification Number AKA ad nauseum. Be that as it may, most ISPs permit a customer to establish multiple e-mail addresses as "aliases" for their primary "account" e-mail address, and the customer can provide those aliases to whomever they choose.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi