The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Video of $500 worth of Xanmeer Crown Crates being opened

Stormahawk
Stormahawk
✭✭✭✭
Jhartellis opened Xanmeer Crown Crates 210 crates which is worth about $500 :open_mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTWwytMx2u4&feature=youtu.be
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to watch, but they I remembered how tedious it is to open my own.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He got lucky to get that mount for only $500. The odds are way worse than that.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord those drop rates. This reminds me why I don't buy crates.

Edit: if anyone's wondering and don't want to sit through the video (i set it to 2x speed cause that crap is LONG) he only got 5 apex rewards and 1 radiant apex out of all those
    Edited by ApostateHobo on December 10, 2018 5:19PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a summary?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaannnnnndddddd..... Queue players who HATE how other players spend their money. In 3....

• Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit: if anyone's wondering and don't want to sit through the video (i set it to 2x speed cause that crap is LONG) he only got 5 apex rewards and 1 radiant apex out of all those

And two of those were a sweetroll!
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »

I got the black radiant apex mount after opening 7 crates. It varies.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormahawk wrote: »

And two of those were a sweetroll!

Dude definitely isn't going to be short on gems lol
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »

I read your comment and bought some more. Got the scorching horse lizard!
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    He just got another radiant apex from the Scalecaller crates the week before!!!!! My man JHart is on a roll lol
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grats on all of those cool things you got! :)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I bought like 60 crates this season, maybe 75. WAY more than I usually buy. I got the regular lizard senche mount, mostly nonsense, neither skin, etc. Basically the worst RNG I've ever had with crates. I really wanted the special lizard senche from the radiant level, which is dumb. I normally ignore that whole level and then have decent RNG, usually get every single thing I want out of the crates within 30 crates, maybe sometimes having to buy the apex kitty mount with gems. But thanks to the awesome special lizard kitty, I lost my dam mind for a minute, and still didn't get what I wanted out of the other levels after all those extra crates. And now I'm crown poor for a while, which is also very sad lol
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I bought like 60 crates this season, maybe 75. WAY more than I usually buy. I got the regular lizard senche mount, mostly nonsense, neither skin, etc. Basically the worst RNG I've ever had with crates. I really wanted the special lizard senche from the radiant level, which is dumb. I normally ignore that whole level and then have decent RNG, usually get every single thing I want out of the crates within 30 crates, maybe sometimes having to buy the apex kitty mount with gems. But thanks to the awesome special lizard kitty, I lost my dam mind for a minute, and still didn't get what I wanted out of the other levels after all those extra crates. And now I'm crown poor for a while, which is also very sad lol

Maybe if they added some crate gems on top of the crowns for eso+ it would be a better incentive to sub. Especially since there seems to be more newer store content in the crates then the crown store. That would be a lot better then the current situation of "Here are your crowns and there are the crates, be sure to enjoy your 6 gems but don't worry at least you have a little statue collection to cheer you up." ^^

After reading your post I now see why people are upset at the free crates being removed. Just seems like unnecessary greed to me. :*
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on December 11, 2018 12:12AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, by definition, randomness varies.

But Faunter has rates for crates posted.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on December 11, 2018 1:52AM
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to admit, bit envious! That's some sweet luck, man! Gratz on it all, Jhar! :3
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I read your comment and bought some more. Got the scorching horse lizard!

That's the one! I wasn't even going for anything, just trying to stack up on gems, but after getting a look at that radiant frost mount I definitely would like that in my collection.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Yes, by definition, randomness varies.

But Faunter has rates for crates posted.

Wasn't disputing the data.
    -Hemingway
  • fallentemplar
    fallentemplar
    ✭✭✭
    the extra rewards are making drop rates super low reminds me of season one with alot of rewards giving legendary or apex really low worse drop rates as more items are in the pool atleast with season one it was useful items like costumes mounts pets etc. now its exp scrolls and dye stamps and other useless items learned my lesson spent $100 AUD on 30 crates 15 for Halloween and 15 of the Xanmeer wont be buying them again $100 on crap is hard to get over i have two apex mounts and don't normally buy crown creates but when i did the drops weren't so low or maybe i got super lucky the other few times i got crown creates but i swear that the 15 crown creates is a rip off with low drop rates to milk whales i used to get 4 or 1 at a time and i get apex i buy 2 lots of 15 and i get nothing i think its legit to frustrate people that spend alot aka whales already buying bulk to buy even more but if you spend less you seem to have more of a chance for better drops in my opinion i would love for pts crown creates to test drops but they would probably rig to drops on the pts it would be very simple, one line of code which would make people think they weren't rigged but they they are the drop rates for a radiant apex mount is 25% for 170 creates i spent $100 aud on 30 so i would need to spend almost $1000 AUD for a 25% chance for a radiant apex mount roughly that should be illegal for games to do that i get its not pay to win its cosmetic but at a certain point games are just milking players for money and i have learnt since spending $100 and getting no apex mounts, i got a demonic chicken and some other stuff.
    A piece of advice dont buy crown creates you probably wont pay this game for more then a year or two. so the question is it worth it to invest hundreds or thousands of your money my answer personally is not again i hope that helps you avoid wasting money as you will look back in a year or two and think did i really spend that much on virtual crap which cant be sold not a great investment. sorry for ranting i was too burnt.

i posted this post on another thread so sorry for double posting but i think its might help here as well mainly the end part think about how long are you going to play this game is that much money worth it for 1 item and if you going to do that multiple times really think if its worth it if it still is go for it if not which is more likely maybe crown creates will go if minimal people are buying them
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    $500 to get a few cosmetics items?! Lmao :D:D:D:D #ZOSLovesYou
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My thought exactly. I do not understand wasting that kind of money on a game.
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

It's possible to buy crates with gold now by having them gifted to you. This is what the person in the video did. ZOS confirmed over the summer that gifting is allowed and this has created a whole new market.
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I do believe JHart bought all the crates with gold. He is amazing at gold-making!!! :)
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props to this guy buying them all with gold. I've bought about 45 with gold so far. May grab up another 30 this weekend since I have spare goldage still. Mostly because I have almost all of the low to high tier rewards, and I'm just stacking gems at this point lol. Those regular apex mounts are hideous excepting the senche
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on December 13, 2018 6:28PM
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad they added Crown store item gifting. It has made the crates available for the rest of us :)