The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hybrid DK Performkng Extremely Well

SkysOutThizeOut
SkysOutThizeOut
✭✭✭✭
I’ve found lots of success playing a hybrid dk in medium armor this patch. I have 5500-6500 sd/wd depending on my setup. Below is a video of 1vX, 2vX, GvX. Share your thoughts. Would you all like a build video?

https://youtu.be/qE_2NExaPVg
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same vid from PvP combat skills forum

Added: didn’t know if intentional or wrong link
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on December 3, 2018 6:34PM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @caeliusstarbreaker But now I’m asking a question. Guess I should have done a poll instead of discussion.
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on December 3, 2018 6:34PM
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But now I’m asking a question. Guess I should have done a poll instead of discussion.

I say just make it. You said seventh pelinal and Kena in your chat box. Maybe just make the vid and post it so people understand your CP and methodology.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @caeliusstarbreaker If I do. I want to make it for more than a whopping 3 people.
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on December 3, 2018 6:36PM
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    I'd watch the *** out of it.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor DK is strong with the 25% cost reduction to poison abilities. Have you tried using Equilibrium instead of Scales for the armor buff? You get some magicka back with a negligible health loss. This gives a free Cauterize.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love it!

Ruckly wrote: »
    Medium armor DK is strong with the 25% cost reduction to poison abilities. Have you tried using Equilibrium instead of Scales for the armor buff? You get some magicka back with a negligible health loss. This gives a free Cauterize.
    50% less healing done for like 3 seconds? Why would anyone do that to himself for a bit of magicka?
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    I absolutely love it!

50% less healing done for like 3 seconds? Why would anyone do that to himself for a bit of magicka?

I do it all the time. Forward momentum-->Green Dragon Blood-->Equilibrium. After that brief 3 seconds you get 8% additional heals taken plus better regen and a full magicka pool. Also you don't have to use equilbrium just like you don't have to use spiked armor if you don't want to spend 2700 magicka. It does work and if you get stuck in combat bug spam equilibrium and jump off something. Equilibrium is something you use to prebuff or to regen magicka if you are not the center of focus so you can re-engage quicker. e.g. mist form-->reflective scale-->equilibrium-->forward momentum-->green dragon blood-->equilibrium-->vigor.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ruckly I don’t struggle with magicka at all, but it’s a clever idea. The cost is really 6k health tho?.... that’s a lot.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ruckly I don’t struggle with magicka at all, but it’s a clever idea. The cost is really 6k health tho?.... that’s a lot.

Pre-buffed it is little and if you get back to your lines you will probably get a heal even if it is only someone using mutagen to get their ult generator going. In those cases your stamina/magicka poses a greater restriction on how quickly you can jump back into combat than does your health which can be healed by yourself and others.

If you are actively in combat whether or not you use it is situational. I watched some of the video it might work it might not work. It works great for me if I pre-buff with it or I'm recovering and rebuffing.
    Edited by Ruckly on December 4, 2018 1:40AM
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    I absolutely love it!

I do it all the time. Forward momentum-->Green Dragon Blood-->Equilibrium. After that brief 3 seconds you get 8% additional heals taken plus better regen and a full magicka pool. Also you don't have to use equilbrium just like you don't have to use spiked armor if you don't want to spend 2700 magicka. It does work and if you get stuck in combat bug spam equilibrium and jump off something. Equilibrium is something you use to prebuff or to regen magicka if you are not the center of focus so you can re-engage quicker. e.g. mist form-->reflective scale-->equilibrium-->forward momentum-->green dragon blood-->equilibrium-->vigor.

Oh its 4 seconds instead of 3, my bad. Kinda makes it worse tho.
    Personally I like armor for the 12% extra healing, a pretty good counter to cloak and its not an expensive ability.
    But Balance still looks like an interesting choice. Ive been using it in pve for ages but never thought about using it in pvp.
    I assume you run in groups? If not how would you handle being pressured. Dropping 6k health and debuffing your healing for 50% for 4 seconds seems like suicide to me then.

Would love to see gameplay if thats possible. You got me kinda intrigued now.
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice - an execute with whip and a decent self heal all in one package! I have to hand it to you - you always come up with interesting builds Drizzt. I would so try this out if I had any inclination left to still play the laggy buggy POS game.
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks mate. Think I'm done with this game though until they do something about the lag. Uninstalled from my PC finally for the first time since Feb 2014...
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    SEND IN THE HYBRID NOW !