Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where have you gotten Aldermi Dominion Motifs specifically?

Izariel
Izariel
✭✭✭
I am at my wits end. I have been scouring the continent at every guild trader I could find (focusing on those in AD territory). I have searched my own trading guilds. I have asked in chat, i have opened up countless chests in Cyrodil....all to no avail. Over the months i have been able to find a select few pages, but many are still incredibly elusive.

I keep hearing from people "They are all over the place! They are very cheap! Just go pick them up!" UM.....NO. They are not. I have spent HOURS and HOURS looking. I have found one or two pieces in the last month (boots and gloves) both over 20k, which is too expensive for me for those pieces. (and I only saw them both once...not since).

I only have 60K gold total. I am not rich, but I am willing to put in the leg work. This is just so frustrating. It has become personal for me, many days my only goal when logging in is to search for these motifs. My determination is waning though and I am not sure how much longer I can keep it up.

Does anyone have any words of advice or encouragement?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can find them in chests in Cyrodiil or Imperial City on an AD character. Ive gotten a pact one on a pact character from an IC chest.

Also Guilds don't really require faction membership unless they are PVP guilds. Try the major trading hubs at Mournhold, Elden Root, Stormhaven, Belkarth, Rawlkha, and Vivec.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 20, 2018 6:12PM
  • Izariel
    Izariel
    ✭✭✭
    You can find them in chests in Cyrodiil or Imperial City on an AD character. Ive gotten a pact one on a pact character from an IC chest.

Also Guilds don't really require faction membership unless they are PVP guilds. Try the major trading hubs at Mournhold, Elden Root, Stormhaven, Belkarth, Rawlkha, and Vivec.

Literally what i have been doing, but thank you for the input.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izariel wrote: »

The most important thing is your character has to be of Aldmeri Dominion alliance in order to find the AD motifs. You can open 500 chests in Cyrodiil or Imperial City and you'll never find an AD motif if you're on a DC or EP character, regardless if you're in "AD territory"

From what I've heard, the Cyrodiil treasure maps are one of the easiest methods to find them.

I will agree with your viewpoint on trader availability. On XB-NA I look through the major trading hub traders daily and have noticed a marked decline in all alliance motif chapters, not just AD. That being said, I would never pay more than 7,500-8,000 per chapter unless I was desperate for the last page needed to complete the set.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you on?

If you are on PC, have you checked ESO TTC for listings? Not sure how it works with consoles but I've heard not as well.

Also, if you are on PC/NA, I have a page, not sure which, in my inventory. I can check later and if it is one you are still looking for I will send it to you, just need your @ name in game.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the anniversary event, in April I think. I have no AD or EP characters, so that's when I got all of mine.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I can't do anything about bad RNG. Sometimes the game just knows when you want something really badly.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jubilee is the best for all motifs. People have mostly sold their Jubilee goodies at this point, so it will be harder to find and more expensive.
    Feric51 wrote: »

The most important thing is your character has to be of Aldmeri Dominion alliance in order to find the AD motifs. You can open 500 chests in Cyrodiil or Imperial City and you'll never find an AD motif if you're on a DC or EP character, regardless if you're in "AD territory"

From what I've heard, the Cyrodiil treasure maps are one of the easiest methods to find them.

I will agree with your viewpoint on trader availability. On XB-NA I look through the major trading hub traders daily and have noticed a marked decline in all alliance motif chapters, not just AD. That being said, I would never pay more than 7,500-8,000 per chapter unless I was desperate for the last page needed to complete the set.

Alliance motifs pages have been way above 8k at times. I remember when they were dirt cheap due to an exploit. They were selling for a few hundred a piece. I held on to mine and eventually they were well into 5 figures a piece after the glut was gone.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I bought mine right after the Anniversary event. I've only found one and that was in a Cyrodiil treasure chest.
  • Izariel
    Izariel
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am AD (High Elf). I will try and check for some treasure maps.

My character is "Aneiras Dawnfire"
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izariel, what platform/server are you?
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to use Cyrodiil map on CP campaign with Treasure Hunter perk
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit may still have some possibly from the anniversary boxes of loveliness yes. She would need to check though.

There may also be others who are willing to help if they still have some in the bank.

Which server are you are traveller and which pages do you still seek?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I found the dominion staves motif in the chest up in the northwest corner of the Imperial city lake.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Google Tamriel Trade Centre
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    I have all motif (except 4 Silverdawn pages), am not Aldermeri, so I buy them all at guild store. Deshan is my favorite place for buying things. I remember not having a problem getting Aldermeri Dominion Motif.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually have 1 to 3 per week for sale
    Beta tester November 2013