Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone Else Getting Locked Out?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Getting locked out of the servers for apparently no reason. Sometimes it makes it to the character screen and then boots me back to login after trying to load a toon. Most of the time it won’t even get that far. Usually gives me an error 108. Won’t retrieve announcements either. I never have any login issues. Internet working fine otherwise. PC/NA.
  • wormtail0
    wormtail0
    Same here. PC/EU
  • cavalle
    cavalle
    Soul Shriven
    Since nov 22 I try to load a toon - 99% get bounced back to login . If I make it to an area any attempt to get to another area takes minutes and fails back to login. Before nov 22 I could bounce from area to area and toon to toon with no problems . Now can,t play at all. Ticket is still open with no response in days . Even a full reinstall hasn’t helped
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Error 108 can occur when your computer is having trouble connecting to our servers.

If you receive this error, you should ensure the following ports are forwarded on your modem or router:
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    • TCP Port 80
    • TCP Port 433

In addition, we recommend you add the following exceptions to your antivirus or firewall:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file. When this is the case, the file paths below are what players should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    *kicking the can down the road*
    Edited by Korax on November 30, 2018 7:07PM
  • olancho
    olancho
    ✭✭
    Managed to log in on 1 toon, however cannot log in since again since downloading this morning's patch. I keep getting kicked from main log in or character log in at this point. PC/NA

• sugarasian
    sugarasian
    Soul Shriven
    I wasted a day waiting for a chance to play this game and complete my dungeon event. First there was this long maintenance, then this issue with logging in. I hope you guys at least make it fair to the players who couldn't play today by adding an extra day to the event. And please, writing an approximate time of maintenance being finished wouldn't hurt.
    Edited by sugarasian on December 1, 2018 5:06PM
  • Eohor
    Eohor
    ✭✭
    It's hilarious to see ZOS employees telling you to fix something on your computer when their servers have been garbage for years and are the reasons for ~99% of all issues on this forum... :)
  • olancho
    olancho
    ✭✭
    Yes, I have been logging in almost daily for 2 years and have never had to change settings on my modem, disable antivirus, etc.
  • RawBrightSilver
    Usually, after getting onto a server my play gets increasingly laggy until I get kicked. I log in again and the performance starts out fine, but then slowly gets worse until it either kicks me entirely, or I have to log out and log back in again to reset because it has become unplayable. The degradation in performance can take anywhere from half an hour to a couple of hours until the kick.

It's worse during peak periods of play, when I notice a lot more players in the same area.

When are they going to allocate more servers to prevent these kinds of bottlenecks?

(Oh, and I still can't log onto the NA server following the patch.)
    Edited by RawBrightSilver on December 1, 2018 8:28PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eohor wrote: »
    It's hilarious to see ZOS employees telling you to fix something on your computer when their servers have been garbage for years and are the reasons for ~99% of all issues on this forum... :)

agree.gif

• lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    game worked fineish yesterday now cant stay logged on keeps kicking to log in screen every 30 seconds ( wish i was kidding)
  • Sneast
    Sneast
    Soul Shriven
    Was fine yesterday & now today when there is a small update or patch I cannot get logged in. I missed the Clockwork City events to a point I had to buy the expansion to get the feather for the Indrick Mount & now this........ yet again. ESO FIX YOUR LAUNCHER!!!!!!
  • cavalle
    cavalle
    Soul Shriven
    yes - "Requesting character load..." fails most of the time. eso support has had me trying everything under the sun. I'm not convinced that it's on the client side.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    And ppl all over the world is getting the exact same issues... can't be a coincidence

Besides if you have to be network savvy and do all sorts off geeky stuff opening ports, forwarding ports, doing all sorts of DNS acrobatics all for which a lamen will go "huh?".

The TL;DR of all that boils doen to just 1 thing: s****y game design.
    No other online game I have installed ever required me to go though all these hoops and still be barely playable.

The last time I could enjoy playing the game was late September... its all downhill from there.
    If ZOS can't develop a proper online gaming experience, maybe they shouldn't be in the online gaming industry.
    Edited by Korax on December 5, 2018 5:59PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cavalle wrote: »
    yes - "Requesting character load..." fails most of the time. eso support has had me trying everything under the sun. I'm not convinced that it's on the client side.

There is a separate server that handles character select and it seems that there is an issue transitioning to that server since Summerset dropped. My first guess is requests are not being handed off properly.

I have sent in tickets on the subject but Zos has not bothered to reply. I have a bad habit of not taking a SS and Zos does not provide us a means to check on our tickets or even see what we have submitted unlike other major MMORPGs.
  • oshaugm
    oshaugm
    ✭✭✭
    I've been unable to log all the way in since yesterday. PC/NA, and I've tried both with and without a VPN. Restarted my machine and tried again several times, same results. The launcher accepts my user name and password, then I get stuck in endless loadscreens and never make it to character select. Sadface. :'( Ideas, anyone?
  • oshaugm
    oshaugm
    ✭✭✭
    oshaugm wrote: »
    I've been unable to log all the way in since yesterday. PC/NA, and I've tried both with and without a VPN. Restarted my machine and tried again several times, same results. The launcher accepts my user name and password, then I get stuck in endless loadscreens and never make it to character select. Sadface. :'( Ideas, anyone?

Update: I finally logged in. It took me just over 6 minutes to get from the password screen to character select.