The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A fix for lag in Cyrodiil? When you enter Cyrodiil it turns off guild rosters

SkysOutThizeOut
SkysOutThizeOut
✭✭✭✭
Everyone has heard about searching your name in guild rosters to reduce lag in Cyrodiil and if not I shared the link below.

Problem is everyone may not be using the fix. So what if ZOS turned off guild rosters while you are Cyrodiil since you do not need them in there anyway? Would this be a simple, quick, and effective fix? Or am I misunderstanding how this works?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448084/psa-a-simple-trick-to-help-reduce-lag
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why dont you need guild rosters in cyrodiil?

why do you need guild rosters in pve?

stupid idea. zos should just make guild rosters only load when opening the guild tab
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @laksikus ZOS idea to keep guild rosters a constant is stupid or my idea? Yeah what you just said would be more ideal.
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on December 8, 2018 10:33PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't going to fix Cyro lag server-side lag -- which is the main problem we complain about. It's a client bug.

People are reading waaaay too much into this.

What people want to believe is happening: ESO has been DDOSing itself for years via the guild roster and fixing this will solve server-side lag in Cyro.

What is probably happening: The client is processing guild roster functions inefficiently which is resulting in client-side performance issues.

The UI is the worst part of the client. It can severely impact performance.

I would love to be wrong about this, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    Edited by zyk on December 9, 2018 1:44AM
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    This isn't going to fix Cyro lag server-side lag -- which is the main problem we complain about. It's a client bug.

People are reading waaaay too much into this.

What people want to believe is happening: ESO has been DDOSing itself for years via the guild roster and fixing this will solve server-side lag in Cyro.

What is probably happening: The client is processing guild roster functions inefficiently which is resulting in client-side performance issues.

The UI is the worst part of the client. It can severely impact performance.

I would love to be wrong about this, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Yup,

The source of the lag is mostly server side and in their buggy netcode.

You can do something to help client side FPS, however, none of those fixes will fix skill delay or the outright unresponsiveness of combat at prime time. (Nagle enabled or disabled won't help with whatever they have broken since Murkmire)

Tonight i could barely stomach an hour of Primetime Vivec before i logged in disgust. The lag is so bad DK whip won't even work when people are right in front of you with 60 FPS, and you have to hammer on the keys just to get any buff or skill to even activate half the time.

Anyone expecting Cyrodiil to ever work right is simply wasting their time. Its a realization i came to tonight. The game is in the worst state it has ever been in, and I don't see them recovering from this. they have went down the road beyond the point of no return.

If you like solo pve questing, and 4 man dungeons, sure the game is ok...12 man trials is so-so, anything else....your better off finding another game because this one is absolute trash for anything else when it simply doens't work right after 4 years, its never going to work right.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd wager if they figured out a way to monetize Cyrodiil, it would get fixed in a heartbeat. But there is no money for ZOS in Cyrodiil, therefore it will never be a priority.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @danthemann5 funny you say that because I had an idea. Allow guilds to customize a keep like we do homes and when you claim a keep, it takes on the customized keep your guild put together and stays that way as long as you own it. Can put crafting stations, dummies, munduses, banker and guild can make it accessible to everyone to use.
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    i swear people dont pay attention, throughout all these guild roster threads noone has confirmed anything about latency issues, only frame rate issues
    frame rate isnt an issue for most people in eso, latency is the issue
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @danthemann5 funny you say that because I had an idea. Allow guilds to customize a keep like we do homes and when you claim a keep, it takes on the customized keep your guild put together and stays that way as long as you own it. Can put crafting stations, dummies, munduses, banker and guild can make it accessible to everyone to use.

That's actually brilliant. Gives them (ZOS) a reason to care about Cyrodiil, gives people a shiny things to buy, and it isn't Pay2Win. You should suggest that to the devs; since there's money involved, it might get some attention.

• SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @danthemann5 what forum?
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question; I have no idea really. General Discussion maybe?

• SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @danthemann5 I’ll drop it there later today. I’ll message you when I do to help promote it.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    well the bigest game out there is fornite which is pvp and they still make plenty of money selling skins etc zenimax are just blind they don't understand that modern economy is about shipping lots of units at a low price. If the game is good and runs well many people join and if they all buy a small 5$ item that's a lot of money. How many billion is epic valued at now. too bad zenimax don't haver any forsight .