The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Frostcaster Motif

MalsvirIxen
Any idea how much its going to cost to get? I think it'd be sick to have for my Nord Warden Tank.
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    i guess it will be something between 1.500 and 2000 ?
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was 2k last year
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best motif imo. I love it
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As was said, it cost 2,000 crowns previously so it will probably cost the same this year.

It's weird that this one is 200 crowns cheaper than the other 2 crown exclusive motifs, though. Anyone know why? Grim Harlequin cost 2,200 crowns, Tsaesci cost 2,200 crowns... why does Frostcaster only cost 2,000? Maybe they will actually increase it this year to match the others.
    Edited by weedgenius on December 10, 2018 1:07AM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paid 2000 last year, however looking at motifs now, average price for "nice" motifs is 5000, and frostcaster is one of the nicer motifs IMO so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up a bit. But I'd still expect around 2000 crowns.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    As was said, it cost 2,000 crowns previously so it will probably cost the same this year.

It's weird that this one is 200 crowns cheaper than the other 2 crown exclusive motifs, though. Anyone know why? Grim Harlequin cost 2,200 crowns, Tsaesci cost 2,200 crowns... why does Frostcaster only cost 2,000? Maybe they will actually increase it this year to match the others.

@weedgenius
    Frostcaster was the very first crown exclusive motif, sold at 2000 crowns. Grim and tsaesci were released later both at 2200 crowns. So it’s just ZOS increasing the price))))))
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Grim Harlequin was the first crown exclusive and included 54 mimic stones. Frostcaster came next but dropped the mimc stones down to 5 and the price down from 2200 to 2000 (a lot of debate about that whole thing). That said, I believe Tsaesci was both 2200 crowns and had only 5 mimic stones so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who the heck knows the logic on this.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As far as the price...the crown exclusive have always sat around 2000. Only the motifs that can be earned in game are priced at 5000 and 6000 crowns because it's a "convenience" price (which tbh is fine with me; I wish that's how they did all their stuff)
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It will be at least 2k crowns.
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 11, 2018 3:07PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Actually Grim Harlequin was the first crown exclusive and included 54 mimic stones. Frostcaster came next but dropped the mimc stones down to 5 and the price down from 2200 to 2000 (a lot of debate about that whole thing). That said, I believe Tsaesci was both 2200 crowns and had only 5 mimic stones so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who the heck knows the logic on this.

Yep, was going to post and then saw your answer. Basically, Frostcaster was cheaper because it only had 5 mimic stones, as opposed to 54, and it came out a couple months later. It was a couple years after for Tsaesci to come to the crown store, and I'm guessing the 200 extra crowns is due to "inflation" and probably just because it was one a lot of people were asking for, so they charged the same as Hollowjack, but with the same amount of mimic stones as Frostcaster.

It's doubtful they'll raise the price higher than the original 2k, since that's the price it's been the past 2 years. They could offer it on sale, though, like some of the other returning items, but I don't think they included the motif in the list of items they said would be returning at a discount.
    wolf486 wrote: »
    Paid 2000 last year, however looking at motifs now, average price for "nice" motifs is 5000, and frostcaster is one of the nicer motifs IMO so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up a bit. But I'd still expect around 2000 crowns.

The 5000 crown price point has been around since motifs were first introduced to the CS, though. Imperial was one of the first motifs, and it was (and still is 5000) crowns. Now, there have been some that came out at 3,000 (Mercenary, e.g.) but most motifs that can be obtained in-game are at 5000 crowns (always have been, with a few exceptions). ETA: Aside from, of course, the four original rare purple motifs and the 9 blue basic racial motifs.

And, as someone else mentioned, that's due to the fact that they can be obtained in-game. Charging a premium price helps to keep the in-game market stable. Since Frostcaster can't be obtained in-game, the price is more fair/reasonable.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 11, 2018 8:17PM