The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Phałanx- Magicka Templar Small Scale PvP

CyrusArya
CyrusArya
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The Phalanx was an ancient Greek combat formation which tactically utilized spears and shields to win battles while outnumbered. This concept is at the heart of our PvP guild, which was born out of a conversation discussing how awesome it would be if we flanked one of our Stamplars with two Magplars. Themed around Templars (Spears) and DKs (Shields), the goal of <Phałanx> is to pursue optimized 2, 3, and 4 man PvP.

Today I would like to share a clip of some highlights from this patch. While we have since developed highly refined group compositions and strategies, I wanted this first video to reflect the unorganized style of small scale pvp that my crew has always played. Huge shout out to the Phałanx core for their efforts in establishing the guild, as well as for being such a wonderful bunch of PvPers and people to play with.
@Jules @gibous @caeliusstarbreaker @DKsUnite @Gilliamtherogue.

Hope you guys enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB_fhxfSxzg

Edited by CyrusArya on December 8, 2018 11:16AM
A R Y A
-Atmosphere
-Ary'a
Czarya
The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
My PvP Videos
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice :smile:
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love seeing someone pick up Magplar and own it, excellent work Arya!!!
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Nicely done
    Nice :smile:
    Elong wrote: »

Thank you guys! I have had a great time playing magplar these last few weeks.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video. It is fun running into y'all on the battlefield.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched him kill a ton of ep on this build :lol:

Really enjoy the video and the build great work man
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff! That first clip that features Jules, had a powerful burst drop.
    Only criticism is that your outfit game is weak. I expected greek warrior outfits, TBH :p
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're so pressured in these fights, health pinging back and forth, tapped for resources, fractured, sneaking in damage where you can and turning fights around to clap kids with the crescent. A lot of people misunderstand magplar and think it's just easy mode, and while it can be in tanky block BOL only builds, it's absolutely the exact opposite in a light armor build with no damage mit set. Takes a lot of finesse to be able to pull off kills with such a small offensive window. Really proud of you and this guild. <3
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing, CyrusArya.

:)
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

I still want to test my build with Cyrus. Probably it will win, but I'm curious about the results of the combat, what, in this build I use, which could get better.

• Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good video :)
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm a top player surrounded by other top players. Of course there is going to be packing. Nice job Arya!
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Nice video. It is fun running into y'all on the battlefield.
    Thank you, like wise.
    I watched him kill a ton of ep on this build :lol:

Really enjoy the video and the build great work man
    Thanks man. I wish I could’ve incorporated that clip in the video, but the one fight was 6 minutes long.
    Minno wrote: »
    Good stuff! That first clip that features Jules, had a powerful burst drop.
    Only criticism is that your outfit game is weak. I expected greek warrior outfits, TBH :p
    Thanks dude, yeah a DB to punctuate a Bats/sweeps offensive is brutal. Throw a perma on top and it’s devestating. And Leo and Rhage got the authentic look part covered.
    Jules wrote: »
    You're so pressured in these fights, health pinging back and forth, tapped for resources, fractured, sneaking in damage where you can and turning fights around to clap kids with the crescent. A lot of people misunderstand magplar and think it's just easy mode, and while it can be in tanky block BOL only builds, it's absolutely the exact opposite in a light armor build with no damage mit set. Takes a lot of finesse to be able to pull off kills with such a small offensive window. Really proud of you and this guild. <3
    Thank you for the very detailed and insightful post! It captures the essence of magplar dps well. And also thank you for being such an incredible partner in making all of this come together!
    Iskras wrote: »
    Amazing, CyrusArya.

Iskras wrote: »
    I still want to test my build with Cyrus. Probably it will win, but I'm curious about the results of the combat, what, in this build I use, which could get better.

Thanks! I’d definitely be down to 1v1 sometime if you’d like. Friendly duels are the single best way to get better at a class or PvP in general. On a side note, you have improved much as a player and I really appreciate your new attitude when it comes to learning from fights.
    Akinos wrote: »
    good video :)
    Thanks man. I see you doing work on the magplar as well, keep it up!
    Hmmm a top player surrounded by other top players. Of course there is going to be packing. Nice job Arya!
    Yeah bro it’s been a blast. I’m glad you finally logged in and joined the squad. You were on our short list of core Templars we wanted for the roster. Let’s play soon.
    Nice
    Thank dude!
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos