The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Improving Weapons, Where to Find Materials?

Gedalya
Gedalya
✭✭✭✭✭
When it comes to improving weapons with Honing Stones, Dwarven Oil, et al., can these materials only be found or can I buy them?
Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can only buy them from other players, never a vendor.

You can get them as a chance when refining (chances improved with the appropriate passive) or when breaking down an item of the appropriate color.

Green for honing stones, blue for dwarven oil, etc.
    Options
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    When it comes to improving weapons with Honing Stones, Dwarven Oil, et al., can these materials only be found or can I buy them?
    These drop rarely from deconstructions (only Green or above), and will also drop from refining normal raw materials. So refining 10 Raw Jute gives you a chance of "Hemming" dropping. The same holds true for all low level materials in all professions.

The drop rate is fairly low. Like maybe 1 in 10 on average. I have seen them drop 3 times in a row though.

You cannot get them from any Vendor. But you CAN buy green items from Vendors to deconstruct. So a way to farm them with gold is to just buy green armor or weapons or whatever from a vendor and deconstruct them. I have gotten Hemming and Honing stones doing that on the first try before.
    Edited by SadisticSavior on April 7, 2014 3:43PM
    Options