The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Selling/trading Crowns etc

victory.immortalb16_ESO
I'm pretty new (ish). Every now and then I see people saying 'wtb 2000 crowns or 'wts 2000 crowns 300 gold each'.

How would that actually work? Do you buy as gift and post it as gift and hope the other party mails the gold?

Or are they mainly scammers?

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of them are scammers. Some organize the trade via a third party - there is a discord for that. They provide you with a middle man who takes the gold and waits for the confirmation that the gift has been sent, after that he transfers the gold to the seller. There's usually a comission for such trades though.
    Edited by Royaji on December 9, 2018 2:34PM
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would advise you to do it though the guild. It is more expensive, but much less risky. I have bought through the guild several times; I have never had any problems.

He other option is to buy or sell with friends.
  • victory.immortalb16_ESO
    I made a sale directly. Took all the risk out of it for me by him offering the gold first, which he immediately mailed. I then gifted the item to him. Gold first works for me:-) As usual I took multiple screenshots of the transaction and the conversations (can never be too careful!).

Otherwise I'll look up the discord and the middle man. I used to act as middle man on another game as I was very well known and know this system works well with a good middle man.