Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Forum Picture

Pretext
Pretext
✭✭
How do we pick one of those? I tried in Profile and nothing happened.
  • khai
    khai
    ✭✭
    Click "Profile" then hover over the image you have, it will say "Change Picture" so click those words. You will then get a list of avatars to choose from.
    You may say I'm a Dreamer but I'm not the only one.
  • murpf
    murpf
    click profile, then edit profile in top right, then choose picture under current picture on the left.
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    I click on a picture, nothing happens. I move my mouse of the picture and it goes opaque again. I click save but nothing happens, not selected I guess.
  • khai
    khai
    ✭✭
    Hover over the picture, don't just click it. At the top of the image a black bar should appear with the words "Change Picture." That's what you need to click.
    You may say I'm a Dreamer but I'm not the only one.
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    Heavens, I managed it, thanks a lot.
  • Saeel
    Saeel
    Pretext wrote: »
    Heavens, I managed it, thanks a lot.

How did you do it? I hover over the picture and all that happens is it highlights and that's it.

Downloaded Firefox and was able to change it finally and I must say the forums look better in Firefox then in IE.
    Edited by Saeel on April 6, 2014 10:36AM
  • vanderghast
    vanderghast
    ✭✭
    That does not seem to work within IE. "Something" seems to happen, since the highlight occurs, but is very slow (I mean, when we move the mouse, the "focus" stick where it was for a much longer time than it should), but the "bar" (floating menu?) does not appear. Even with compatibility mode. Maybe the site is using an HTML5 tag not supported by IE?
  • software_goddess
    software_goddess
    ✭✭✭
    khai wrote: »
    Hover over the picture, don't just click it. At the top of the image a black bar should appear with the words "Change Picture." That's what you need to click.

OMG! That was ridiculous. No black bar appeared for me, but I clicked the VERY edge of the picture and that worked. I had been trying all week to change mine. Who coded the clicking option on those? Thank you for helping.

• vanderghast
    vanderghast
    ✭✭
    Hey hey hey! I also blindly clicked on the very top-right corner of the picture with focus, and here I have my picture.

Quite probably someone (IE) not agreeing with what a given HTML5 tag (unknown to me which one exactly) should do.
    Edited by vanderghast on April 6, 2014 12:42PM
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me it was the top left corner ..but it worked :)
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    It seems to be erratic, I just clicked and waited a few times. Rather than mad clicking all over.

Don't tell anyone else though or they will nab your picture and I already have seen mine a couple of times elsewhere. :D
    Edited by Pretext on April 6, 2014 1:55PM
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    For me to get it to work with IE 11, I had to click on the very top of the image, which then kept the image highlighted so I could scroll down the page and save it.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears to have issues with IE. As does life itself.

Chrome is happiness.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't want to be bothered downloading a whole new browser just for this, so I used the Chrome browser that's on my phone. An even simpler fix. Viola.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was a bit late but glad you managed it! Next is the sig! ;)