Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lame: Crown Crate Dye Stamps

Zhaedri
Zhaedri
✭✭✭✭
Got 15 Xanmeer crown crates. Opened them... got nothing at the Legendary or higher tier, and only two things from 'Epic', which seems kind of a rip for 5k crowns. RNG just seems to be getting worse. RIP. Was hoping for some of those plants.

Got a bunch of things for gems though...

But my peeve for these ones are dye stamps. They're at the 'Fine' rewards tier, that cost 5 gems to purchase. However, unlike other consumable crown crate gem items, they cannot be traded back for gems. They really *should* be able to be extracted for gems. I cannot think of a single reason why they ought to be bound and not extractable. All other consumables of that level and below have been 'gemmable' -- food, drink, xp scrolls, poisons, potions, riding training, mimic stones, etc. I got five of the dye stamps.

This seems like an oversight. I have no use for these stamps (just as I have no use for crown poisons, drinks, etc.) and would like to 'gem' them to get something I want, just like I can with other junk I deem 'useless' from the crates. I don't have endless bank space, and destroying them seems like a waste.
@Zhaedri PC NA

• tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The R in rng is random. I bought 15 and got a mount and lots of things I wanted. I really can't ever see myself riding a lizard camel, but who knows... Regarding the dyes, it's likely an oversight that may get updated so just hang onto them.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I recognize the R is 'random'. I usually make out a LOT better though, or used to. All unlucky RNG does for me is help me decide not to get more from that season. If I don't get some cool stuff for putting a decent amount of crowns into it, why bother throwing more good money after bad at it?

The RNG issue is perennial and not really my complaint though.

I can extract riding training, which is one time use and on one character... but not a dye stamp that is also one time use, on one character, on one costume. Lame.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought 15 crates two purple rear blue as in got all the tattoos body and face except green body none I wanted . I got the nice wama pet and two gold 1 plant 1 gold scroll and 1 stupid hat lol . I then bought 1 extra crate and got fabricant spider mount and a flying pet . I made 134 gems 💎 which is enough to buy both skins I wanted as had 100 gems to start with . Plus kept the plant in case need gems lol shame no apex mount 😞
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling that the dye stamps are the first items they're sneaking in that won't be extractable. Maybe it is an oversight, but it seems more likely they're trying to get people to buy more crates.

No free crates anymore (well, maybe in future daily rewards), gem exclusive limited-time items, and now items that can't be extracted.

I don't know why anyone is surprised. Crates are designed to generate revenue, not give players all the items they want without spending a good deal of money (unless you get really lucky). And that's another issue I have with these things. Some people will get lucky and get exactly what they want in the first pack of crates. Others will have to spend a LOT more.

But, there are still players who buy these things, just look at all the posts about "bring back X crates," "when is the next crate season," "what is the next crate season."
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t be so bothered if they were holiday dye stamps like in the last season. Could you gem those? I can’t remember.

But yeah not being able to gem these junk ones is just another shady inch on ZOS’s greedy envelope push.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That´s the thing about scam crates, they are a scam.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you could gem dyes before. I actualy still have a holiday dye on an alt account that I haven't decided if I want to gem yet becasue that orange and black combination is kinda nice.

so these dyes not being gemmable has GOT to be an oversight or bug. every single item from crates up until this point that didn't immediately get added to collections? was either gemmed automaticaly or could be gemmed manually in case of consumables and decorations. it doesn't make sense that suddenly there are crate items that cannot be gemmed
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    The stamps really are being the worst of both worlds. When you get duplicate mementos or facepaints, they get gemmed. Items you can get multiples of, such as consumables and furniture, can be gemmed regardless of volume. It meant no matter what you pulled, you were always getting some progress, however slight, to the items you actually wanted.

But dye stamps? My Outfit can't even use dye stamps. They're not added to collections, they are consumed. Yet neither can they be gemmed! They're just going to bloat up my bank/inventory until I give up a decon them.

I saw all the cool apex/legendary stuff in this cycle and thought I would buy some crates. I redeemed for a couple with the crowns I already had from sub, got a stamp, can't figure out what to do with it, and no longer want to buy crates.
    Edited by snackrat on December 7, 2018 4:52AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    you could gem dyes before. I actualy still have a holiday dye on an alt account that I haven't decided if I want to gem yet becasue that orange and black combination is kinda nice.

so these dyes not being gemmable has GOT to be an oversight or bug. every single item from crates up until this point that didn't immediately get added to collections? was either gemmed automaticaly or could be gemmed manually in case of consumables and decorations. it doesn't make sense that suddenly there are crate items that cannot be gemmed

Maybe we should start reporting it as a bug! It is better to give them the benefit of the doubt, it really could be. And if it isn't, well...giving them the benefit of the doubt sends them a message and gives them the opportunity to do the right thing and fix it.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another reason not to buy the new crates. Personally don't see anything I want this season.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

We recently identified an issue in the Xanmeer Crown Crates that prevented dyes from being gemmable. We are currently working on a fix for a future incremental for this so please hold onto your dyes if you would like to convert them to gems at a later date.
    Staff Post
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That´s the thing about scam crates, they are a scam.

And in most cases its RNG (Rewards Not Good)
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i already tossed all mine. :/
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all,

We recently identified an issue in the Xanmeer Crown Crates that prevented dyes from being gemmable. We are currently working on a fix for a future incremental for this so please hold onto your dyes if you would like to convert them to gems at a later date.

Thanks for the update! Good to know that it was, indeed, a bug. I had forgotten that there were dye stamps in the last season, since I didn't get any in my free crates. Good to know that they were gemmable and that these new ones are supposed to be.

I looked at all the items last night and confirmed what I believed to be true when I read the list of contents in the blog article - there is absolutely nothing in this crate season that I want that I didn't already purchase outright (the three Argonian costumes). I wouldn't mind if I were to get either of the headdresses in a free crate, but I probably still wouldn't wear them. Everything else is just plain FUGLY and/or I would never use. Well, either of the chicken pets would be ok and aren't ugly.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 7, 2018 5:52PM
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Thanks for the update!
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Darn... already junked and destroyed mine... there were about 8 of them i think.
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree that these dyes are pointless and a great disapointment. I was enthiusiastic and bought plenty of the new crates, and I am happy with their content except for these dyes which I do not need, especially when I am getting several of them. I cannot even re-sell them or trade them for gems.
    Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Raltin wrote: »
    Hey all,

Darn... already junked and destroyed mine... there were about 8 of them i think.

Ugh, I also wasted a couple of mine as well.
    Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I flagged mine as junk but I think I stopped short of actually deleting them. I hope my memory is correct.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be corrected and they should allow us to trade these dyes for gems. Sticking us with more stuff, even lower tier stuff than we already are that we don't want just makes the crates an even worse deal than the already are.

I already 'win' stuff in them that I'll never use/want - mounts I won't use, costumes I didn't want six months+ earlier in the crown store, pets I don't use, tattoos, jewelry and hair and body markings I cannot use quite often as argonian. And now I'm getting stuck with potion level items that take up inventory space and are literally items to be deleted.

ZoS, I was doing well at avoiding crates the last couple seasons, but caved this season for argonian crates (being that's what I play) and well... you taught me my lesson. I'll never again give you money for something unless I know what I'm getting ahead of time.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • fallentemplar
    fallentemplar
    ✭✭✭
    Zhaedri wrote: »
    Got 15 Xanmeer crown crates. Opened them... got nothing at the Legendary or higher tier, and only two things from 'Epic', which seems kind of a rip for 5k crowns. RNG just seems to be getting worse. RIP. Was hoping for some of those plants.

Got a bunch of things for gems though...

But my peeve for these ones are dye stamps. They're at the 'Fine' rewards tier, that cost 5 gems to purchase. However, unlike other consumable crown crate gem items, they cannot be traded back for gems. They really *should* be able to be extracted for gems. I cannot think of a single reason why they ought to be bound and not extractable. All other consumables of that level and below have been 'gemmable' -- food, drink, xp scrolls, poisons, potions, riding training, mimic stones, etc. I got five of the dye stamps.

This seems like an oversight. I have no use for these stamps (just as I have no use for crown poisons, drinks, etc.) and would like to 'gem' them to get something I want, just like I can with other junk I deem 'useless' from the crates. I don't have endless bank space, and destroying them seems like a waste.

so did i and same with holloween ones the extra rewards are making drop rates super low reminds me of season one with alot of rewards giving legendary or apex really low worse drop rates as more items are in the pool atleast with season one it was useful items like costumes mounts pets etc. now its exp scrolls and dye stamps and other useless items learned my lesson spent $100 AUD on 30 crates 15 for Halloween and 15 of the Xanmeer wont be buying them again $100 on crap is hard to get over i have two apex mounts and don't normally buy crown creates but when i did the drops weren't so low or maybe i got super lucky the other few times i got crown creates but i swear that the 15 crown creates is a rip off with low drop rates to milk whales i used to get 4 or 1 at a time and i get apex i buy 2 lots of 15 and i get nothing i think its legit to frustrate people that spend alot aka whales already buying bulk to buy even more but if you spend less you seem to have more of a chance for better drops in my opinion i would love for pts crown creates to test drops but they would probably rig to drops on the pts it would be very simple, one line of code which would make people think they weren't rigged but they they are the drop rates for a radiant apex mount is 25% for 170 creates i spent $100 aud on 30 so i would need to spend almost $1000 AUD for a 25% chance for a radiant apex mount roughly that should be illegal for games to do that i get its not pay to win its cosmetic but at a certain point games are just milking players for money and i have learnt since spending $100 and getting no apex mounts, i got a demonic chicken and some other stuff.
    A piece of advice dont buy crown creates you probably wont pay this game for more then a year or two. so the question is it worth it to invest hundreds or thousands of your money my answer personally is not again i hope that helps you avoid wasting money as you will look back in a year or two and think did i really spend that much on virtual crap which cant be sold not a great investment. sorry for ranting i was too burnt.
    Edited by fallentemplar on December 10, 2018 12:29PM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i already tossed all mine. :/

Yup me too...
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

hey the vossa-satl is a legendary item.
    xe1y9r0gynns.png
    Aren't I supposed to be getting 33 crown gems for a legendary duplicate item? 5 crown gems is what one gets for a lower quality item.

Is this intended? If not, I received two of them and was given only 10 crown gems when in reality I should be given 66 crown gems, 33 crown gems for each.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning to grab myself some crowns for Xanmeer Crate but are the crates still bugged? Post above me is worrisome.

@ZOS_SarahHecker
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perwulf wrote: »
    I'm planning to grab myself some crowns for Xanmeer Crate but are the crates still bugged? Post above me is worrisome.

@ZOS_SarahHecker

they are still buggy atm, I bought those crates yesterday
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, not going to buy any if they're bugged.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

@ZOS_SarahHecker

I'll just sit on my wallet for a while, keeping it warm.

I'll be waiting for that fix, hopefully crown sale is not over.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_SarahHecker

I'll just sit on my wallet for a while, keeping it warm.

I'll be waiting for that fix, hopefully crown sale is not over.

you can buy crowns during the crown sale and instead keep that warm
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

hey the vossa-satl is a legendary item.
    xe1y9r0gynns.png
    Aren't I supposed to be getting 33 crown gems for a legendary duplicate item? 5 crown gems is what one gets for a lower quality item.

Is this intended? If not, I received two of them and was given only 10 crown gems when in reality I should be given 66 crown gems, 33 crown gems for each.

We just looked into this and you are correct, it should have been 33 gems. We will work on a fix for this to assign the correct gem values. In the mean time, can you submit a ticket so our support team can add the remaining gems to your account?
    Staff Post
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea happened to me too today.

Might need to assemble the bug devs and replace those gems without a ticket.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual