The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Best way to level Enchanting, Alchemy and cooking?

Aertew
Aertew
✭✭✭✭
I've been playing ESO for a year, have Summerset and Morrowind, got level 50 woodworking, clothing and Smithing, but for some reason I can't do enchanting, alchemy or cooking, it seems whatever I make is too low exp, except cooking where if I craft a level 20 food or drink I gain like 1/4 of the bar, but all the other stuff seems hard to lvl up, also is it worth grinding them up to lvl 50? Btw I've been playing for around a year, and I'm around champion lvl 300, with 2 maxed out characters.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting:
    Easy to level if you have purple aspect runes (or the gold to buy them).
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3084956/#Comment_3084956
    Make sure you spent skill points in the craft as you level it.

Alchemy:
    thesidekickorder.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=10
    (The link above is slightly outdated, it's missing two of the newest ingredients)
    If i remember correctly, making potions with negative effects gives more XP. Anyways, always use the highest available water you can use and keep making potions, then sell them to a merchant. Also make sure you have all the ingredient options discovered and unlocked.

Provisioning:
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Provisioning+Leveling+Guide

bye1.gif

Edited by SirAndy on November 3, 2018 10:30PM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the minimums if you want to get it done in a few minutes:

Alchemy Skill to L50 - Make 21 Clear Water/Ichor, 41 Pristine Water/Slime, 48 Cleansed Water/Gall, 60 Filtered Water/Terebinthine, 87 Purified Water/Pitch Bile. If you learn all the reagents first, you can get to around level 18-19 just from that:

Learn every reagent quickly - Sunshine Daydream Crafting Guide

http://www.sunshine-daydream.us/ESO/alchemy.html#Atraits)

You will need less of all if you have ESO+ 10% less, and 30 points Tower CP additional 20% less

Prov: 4 Green recipes, one each L15-L25-L35-L45 (food or drink). Make 96/78/92/128 of each recipe level above.

You will need less of all if you have ESO+ 10% less, and 30 points Tower CP additional 20% less

Enchanting - Deconstruction gives 2x more IP than crafting glyphs. Never deconstruct a crafted item on the same character that crafted it, you will only get 10% of the possible IP.

Here's the min numbers for decon at various levels/quality if getting full decon IP.

Note you will not receive the full IP from glyphs until you are within the same Enchant skill level of the Glyph. So Strong Purple not until around Enchant L22, Monumental Purple L32 and Superb purple L36.

So you will need more until then and less overall if you have ESO+ and 30 CP in Tower.

glyphdecon1.jpg

• Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is worth leveling alchemy, enchanting and provisioning crafting skills to 50 on at least one character, since that will help you to be self sufficient in crafting your own consumables. It’s also important to unlock the passives for food and drink duration and potion duration on all characters.
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    It is worth leveling alchemy, enchanting and provisioning crafting skills to 50 on at least one character, since that will help you to be self sufficient in crafting your own consumables. It’s also important to unlock the passives for food and drink duration and potion duration on all characters.

Alright makes sense, thanks for the tips.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes its worth it on at least one toon. If your going to doi crafting writs then its worth lvl a few more alts. It gets a bit easier. You can craft you own glyphs givebthem to your new character and makes lvl alot quicker. Jewlery takes the most work.
    Provisioning is the easiest to lvl in my opinion. Just make sure to put skill points in as u lvl and switxh to the next highst lvl recipe as u lvl.

Alchemy is the same lvl up and invest skill points as you go.

When i lvl. My first. Provisioning is quickest then alchemy. Woodworking , clothing, smithing, enchanting then jewelry.

Now enchanting is as easy as provisioning.

Jewlery is easy on a new toon just takes the most money as i dont have any dust saved like i do the other crafts.

I simply craft lvl 150 rings send to my new toon and just deconstruct. Lvl 40 it kinda sucks and works better to buy lvl 160 rings white green and blue for 500 or less if u can but really 500 to 700 is doable.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aertew wrote: »
    I've been playing ESO for a year, have Summerset and Morrowind, got level 50 woodworking, clothing and Smithing, but for some reason I can't do enchanting, alchemy or cooking, it seems whatever I make is too low exp, except cooking where if I craft a level 20 food or drink I gain like 1/4 of the bar, but all the other stuff seems hard to lvl up, also is it worth grinding them up to lvl 50? Btw I've been playing for around a year, and I'm around champion lvl 300, with 2 maxed out characters.

Are you on pc na? I can help u with enchanting just hit me up.
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    Have leveled all three of those crafting skills on 4 toons.

Sunshine Daydream has an awesome Alchemy Leveling guide that I made into a PDF 2 years ago, and have used it 4 times without any problems. Don't have a link handy for that, but the site is: http://www.sunshine-daydream.us

Enchanting is the worst. After I suffered through it on my main, I just hang on to all runes (white, greens from Writs, etc) and push them to whatever toon is leveling Enchanting. Takes about 4 months this way, but costs nothing.

Provisioning is the easiest, if you have a nice supply of recipes and food mats. If you don't already have many recipes, and are CP 160, visit any trader, and buy a bunch of the 100-160 green recipes. Don't bother with blue, purple or gold ones.

• Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »

Yeah im on PC NA
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »

Yeah im on PC NA

@firedrgn send me a mail. I can help u lvl enchanting.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy/Provisioning: Craft

Enchanting: get a glyph buddy. Craft useless runes into useless glyphs and send to each other for decon. Max enchanting exp comes from extracting glyphs made by other players.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    It takes about 20-30 minutes to level both provisioning and alchemy if you have the materials on hand.

Provisioning
    1) Buy highest lvl recipe from Brewer or Chef
    2) Craft until next Provisioning lvl unlocks next rank of recipe creation
    3) Repeat step 1 and 2.

Alchemy
    1) Make highest lvl poisons (for resale value) until next Alchemy rank unlocks
    2) Repeat step 1.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alchemy/Provisioning: Craft

Enchanting: get a glyph buddy. Craft useless runes into useless glyphs and send to each other for decon. Max enchanting exp comes from extracting glyphs made by other players.

Not any more. Mob looted glyphs and other character/player made are about the same. By that I mean within 10% of each other and I forget which has the nod. It is still a grind no matter what, so it does not matter. Anyway, ZOS changed this a few updates ago.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes about 20-30 minutes to level both provisioning and alchemy if you have the materials on hand.

Provisioning
    1) Buy highest lvl recipe from Brewer or Chef
    2) Craft until next Provisioning lvl unlocks next rank of recipe creation
    3) Repeat step 1 and 2.

Alchemy
    1) Make highest lvl poisons (for resale value) until next Alchemy rank unlocks
    2) Repeat step 1.

I will add to this advice (which is accurate by the way), is you'll want to have the necessary skill points stockpiled to rank up the skills as you reach the thresholds. With provisioning for example, once you reach level 20 you can put in a skill point to unlock the ability to make up to level 29 recipes, which in turn give more inspiration than level 19 recipies. But, if you don't have the skill point to put in, you'll be stuck making level 19 recipes and the number of food/drink needed to craft will start to increase exponentially to reach the next level.

Likewise with alchemy. As for provisioning, don't worry about the passive to let you make blue/purple/gold recipes and the inspiration gains don't increase with color. Stick with making the green recipes and save the quality passives until later when you have skill points to spare.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)