The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Magicka DK Execute

Purdomination33
Purdomination33
✭✭✭
Logic behind no execute? Seriously, why no execute? I mean you can't even add one via weapon skill line. Does a Mag Warden have one (never played one)?

Side note; what is the devs obssession with light and heavy attacks? Super boring. Seems like half the changes ZOS makes is to take away 'X' in exchange for some sort of light/heavy attack sequence or stacking effect. Not very fun playstyle.
Mediocre AD StamDK.
BiS wine drinker.
Award winning dog owner.
Disappointing husband.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK is designed to be constant pressure through DOT and damage mitigation. We had an execute for a little while with molten arm but they killed that.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes warden has an execute through the Bear ult. Although I admit that the AI for it is stupid, they have one none the less.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The logic is not all classes have everything the other classes have, see Templar in class major sorcery/brutality, no class spammable for sorcerers, no in class major savagery/prophecy for nightblades, etc
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magden's execute being on the execute is not very good. Especially one that has *** ai. While we have one, its not fair that we are forced to use a double slotted ultimate. It is not good in pvp either because the bear isnt. We have discussed what should get the execute. Many of us think growing swarm is a good place for it. I personally think a light attack execute on lotus blossom would be very interesting and cool. And it would make the skill useful. As it currently stands, it heals less than crit surge and has an effect that is already on inner light making it not worth slotting. I would maybe set numbers to: "does 50% more damage to targets below 25% health" for a really powerful burst execute at the end. Or a creeping execute like "does UP TO 50% more damage to targets below 50% health."
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish they would put an execute for mag and stam in the weapon skill lines.
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    Healing in this game is very powerful. And the combat system, at least on Xbox, is not always as responsive as one would wish. Add the delay in skills firing off due to lag/ latency issues and too often someone can heal just enough to keep from being whipped to death. Especially vamps w/undead passive.

Personally, even w/o an execute I think mDK is the most difficult to fight against so not all bad.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't have one because say we don't need one because of all our DoTs but our DoTs fell very uninpaxtfuly
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It probably has the same ETA as the stam-whip.
    Playing since beta...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The logic is not all classes have everything the other classes have, see Templar in class major sorcery/brutality, no class spammable for sorcerers, no in class major savagery/prophecy for nightblades, etc

This.

You can take it one step further, Templar has a ranged execute, but no major sorcery/brutality, no 1vX compatible defense and no AOE control mechanic.

DK has no execute, but both major DMG buffs, wings to shut down ranged builds and immobilze + unblocked cc.

You can ask for an execute, but the last time Templars asked for one in 2014, they removed blinding flashes; our only AOE defense mechanic.
    Edited by Minno on December 9, 2018 2:51PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think its needed to be honest. Making the existing kit work properly (looking at you whip, constantly and easily dodged unless you drop like 8k resources to maybe land it.)
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ferocious Leap
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Don't think its needed to be honest. Making the existing kit work properly (looking at you whip, constantly and easily dodged unless you drop like 8k resources to maybe land it.)

^^

As long as everything else is working and balanced it is not needed. I actually like that I don't have to waste a slot on an execute skill on my DK.
    Edited by kojou on December 9, 2018 10:36PM
    Playing since beta...
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

at some point, i just watch them roll and wait for their stun immunity to wear off. fossilize after 5+ rolls = RIP
    Edited by Flame_of_Hades on December 10, 2018 8:09AM