The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Help: Murkmire "Nourishment" Vine-Tongue

Tai-Chi
Tai-Chi
✭✭✭✭
Re: "NOURISHMENT" Achievement form "Vine-Tongue Traveller.

I have completed all the other parts to the general Achievement, so this is the only one left outstanding. Also, whilst the full Achievement is incomplete, it is preventing me from continuing to the next part of the side-quest.

Q1: Is there a knack to avoiding Slaughter Fish - whilst attempting to 'Travel' with Fire-Stone equipped - between the First water-bound rock and the second rock?

I can travel from the shore to the first rock (using the Stone) no problem. Whilst on the first rock, my Fire-Stone will not interact with the plant on the next rock, no matter where I stand. As soon as I either jump - or edge into the water - the fish gobble me up and I die. :(

There are a few seconds of time, in order to interact with the next plant (whilst in the water) but the game is not allowing the travelling/porting interaction.

NB - I have tried to jump in the air - in order to interact with the next plant - in the hope that I might be able to target it before hitting the water but that has failed miserably as well.

Q2: Do I need to morph into an Argonian, or something similar, before attempting the leap again?

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • sadlythebest
    sadlythebest
    ✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »

Q1: Is there a knack to avoiding Slaughter Fish - whilst attempting to 'Travel' with Fire-Stone equipped - between the First water-bound rock and the second rock?
    Try going into 1st person and toggle walk so that you get out of targeting range of the 1st strangler. Took me 2 tries after I accidentally ran off the rock. You shouldn't be touching the water at all.

Binding the fire stone to your consumables wheel also helped.

Q2: Do I need to morph into an Argonian, or something similar, before attempting the leap again?

Just stand at the very edge of the 1st rock before using the fire stone

Let me know how it goes!

PC-NA

vMA Flawless/vHRC HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR/vBRP/vSS
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for replying.

I 'bound' the Stone at the water's edge, from Mementos, but it was not on my Quickslot wheel.
    I shall do that again once I am on the rock.

I think I tried just about every spot on the rock to launch from but I did not do it in first person.
    That is another thing to try.

We are currently in Maintenance but I will try your suggestions once we are back online. I will let you know how we got on.

By the way, I have opened up a Ticket on this quest because I am experiencing other problems on it and thought the quest might be bugged - or else it has been 'corrupted' on my first character to get the Fire-Stone Memento - because she cannot use it at all.

I am doing my testing on the second char to be awarded the Fire-Stone. So far, we have found that if one has not completed all the secret locations, to get the full Achievement, the ability to use the Fire-Stone disappears once we have found Kishi and spoken to him. I have cancelled the quest on my second char twice because the same happens each time she speaks to Kishi.

My first char to get the Fire-Stone was allowed to Walk the Path of the Lilly without Kishi's help. She did it on her own, found Kishi, then did it again with Kishi to get the final 'prize'. She also did not even look for the secret Locations.

The point here is, that my First char should have been prevented from doing the second part of the quest in the first place. To me, this appears to be either a design error or a bug.

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did as you suggested @sadlythebest but it did not work for me. Thanks anyway.

Do you remember which part of the rock you stood on?

I tried various locations, including the middle tiers. If I got down to the bottom level, the Slaughter Fish jumped up and had me anyway and my feet were not even in the water.

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • sadlythebest
    sadlythebest
    ✭✭✭

I tried various locations, including the middle tiers. If I got down to the bottom level, the Slaughter Fish jumped up and had me anyway and my feet were not even in the water.

I did this waaay back when murkmire first launched so i might remember wrongly but all i did was toggle walk and went all the way to the edge of the rock (facing the next vine tongue) and used the memto that i bound to my potion wheel. I did this in first person by the way since my screen size didnt allow me to aim well
    PC-NA

vMA Flawless/vHRC HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR/vBRP/vSS
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

I did this waaay back when murkmire first launched so i might remember wrongly but all i did was toggle walk and went all the way to the edge of the rock (facing the next vine tongue) and used the memto that i bound to my potion wheel. I did this in first person by the way since my screen size didnt allow me to aim well

Thanks for replying. I am beginning to think that we are the only 2 people (who visit the forum) that have attempted the Achievement part of this quest. Usually there are lots of people only too willing to offer up advice.

The only thing I have not tried is the 'toggled' walk. Let's see how that fairs,

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA