The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Jewelry Crafting

RABIDxWOLVERINE
RABIDxWOLVERINE
✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone! Whats the best/fastest way to level up jewelry crafting? Im trying to decon all the rings and necks I find and doing the crafting writ but it seems to take a lot to level up. Ive been doing it for 2 days (maybe 2-3 hours over the last 2 days. Dont get much time to game) and have only gained 5 levels. What are some good strategies to level up quick? Is my best option to drop a ton of gold on green/blue/purple rings?
Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deconstructing intricate jewelry will be good.

You can either buy loads of jewelry, or try and farm them. I farmed up up until about level 45, and then as I got impatient, I bought the rest from a guild trader.

Remember there are some jewelry skill books that will level you up instantly. Save these towards the end, as it gets harder to level up the higher you go.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    dan958 wrote: »
    Deconstructing intricate jewelry will be good.

You can either buy loads of jewelry, or try and farm them. I farmed up up until about level 45, and then as I got impatient, I bought the rest from a guild trader.

Remember there are some jewelry skill books that will level you up instantly. Save these towards the end, as it gets harder to level up the higher you go.

Do you know where these books are by chance? I was thinking about doing some dungeons and trying to get as much purple jewelry as I can and see how fast that levels me up.

Thanks

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are only two books, one is random and the other is by a crafting station in the woods.

Its not so much the levels, but the mats and traits that are the real grind. On PC, decon rings are less than 500 gold at guild vendors.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor Thank you, I just am getting started with jewelry crafting so I feel light years behind and it just seems super grindy like enchanting did.

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a JW crafting book right by the crafting station in Alinor. Second one is in the Monastery, you can get it during the quest (on random shelve, though). I also found one in the Vault in Artaeum (also random).
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my main crafter, I deconned all the jewelry I got from doing the Summerset Content. I filled in the rest with guild kiosk purchases, probably 100k in golds worth. Maybe a bit more.

The biggest expense is buying the jewelry for research that drops in trials and pvp.

But, wow, the Temper grind is what is really brutal. That and the Trait mats.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone! Whats the best/fastest way to level up jewelry crafting? Im trying to decon all the rings and necks I find and doing the crafting writ but it seems to take a lot to level up. Ive been doing it for 2 days (maybe 2-3 hours over the last 2 days. Dont get much time to game) and have only gained 5 levels. What are some good strategies to level up quick? Is my best option to drop a ton of gold on green/blue/purple rings?

If you have a high level character: log in with that one. Then run the dolmen train. You get a piece of jewelry in every chest. The higher the level the jewelry piece, the more skill line exp. Also do the daily jewelry writs. I have 4 characters and they all have max level jewelry
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm dolmens for jewelry. Find a zone you see has dolmens near wayshrines and get into a good rotation. Essentially one spawns right after the other as long as you go in the right order.
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    @stitchesofdooom Thanks I think I figured out why it seemed so slow lol I have been leveling a new PVP alt so all my jewelry has been like lvl 15-20 haha I wasnt even thinking about the levels and what not.

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    @stitchesofdooom Thanks I think I figured out why it seemed so slow lol I have been leveling a new PVP alt so all my jewelry has been like lvl 15-20 haha I wasnt even thinking about the levels and what not.

yeah, when I wanna level equipment crafting on a new alt I give them the CP160's from my main. Well, the white ones, til they get the extraction perks
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy platinum and have some one craft u lvl 150 rings be done with it in less than 30 minutes.

You will need about 4k or less in platinum..at currant price about 40k in gold will get u there.

If u pc na. Ill do it @firedrgn
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @RABIDxWOLVERINE Farming gysirs or dolmens is the easiest way to get jewellery.
    PC-EU @lientier