The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Looking for better explanation on MMR

An_An
An_An
✭✭✭
Hello. Looking to learn more about what this MMR thing is. Does anyone have a discussion or an explanation they can give me ?

Is it possible to fix your MMR or something to get more even fights in BGs?

And no I’m not asking about the medical MMR someone made that joke in guild already.

Really have no clues about what this means, total noob here. Help will be much appreciated,
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant "fix it" when there isnt enough players in queue to create even matches.
  • zoso1082b14a_ESO
    zoso1082b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    While I have zero experience with ESO MMR, I an give you a base understanding of what it is as a general term.

MMR - Match Making Ranking. It's a number that will help you find a balanced group to play with.

Say you start out at 100.
    You play against a guy who is also 100.
    You win.
    You're now 110.
    He is now 90.
    Your next game will try to match you up against someone who is also 110.
    He will play against a guy who is 90.

If you continue to win games, your MMR will continue to go up. You will eventually end up at a rank that is you personal skill level, playing against others who are of similar skill. Winning 50% of the time so your rank doesn't really shift more than a few points per match is what the system strives to find.

Pro's of the MMR system is that you will eventually end up playing with similar skilled people, making it a fun challenge for all involved.

Con's of the MMR system is that it separates the players into even smaller communities, making it hard to find a match. You might have an MMR of 400, but the only people online playing are either 40 or 1000. Game doesn't want to stick you in either group so you just sit around waiting for more people in the 400 group to log in.

Hope that helped.